What is it like to work for Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust? Why not find out and join our Medway CMHTOP.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Nurses who have a strong sense of initiative and an excellent team working ability. Effective communication skills and self-governance are required. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of high level interventions & community assessment skills.
We are a community service for both older people with mental health needs, which are complicated by age related needs, and for people, of all ages, who have needs related to dementia. We also provide support and advice to professionals, care homes and carers.
Our service focuses on both functional and organic mental health disorders. We provide comprehensive multi-disciplinary services and work closely with local specialist mental health teams, tertiary service providers, primary care, local statutory and non-statutory agencies, service users & carers.
Our team comprises consultant psychiatrists, community psychiatric nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists, support workers, Admiral nurses and administrative staff.Main duties of the job
- Plan and provide flexible, client centred care for patients and their carers referred for assessment and support.
- Take an active role in assessing individuals with Memory difficulties and functional illness.
- Act as care co-ordinator for a designated caseload.
- Provide supervision and support for junior staff and students
- Ensure that patients referred to the service are supported before, during and following diagnosis.
- Enable patients and their carers to access the care and support that they need.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of therapeutic groups and interventions for clients and carers.
- To deliver an effective service it is essential that you are able to travel between bases in a timely manner.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work in an interesting and developing service environment. You will be offered considerable opportunities for training and professional development.This post is subject to a six month probationary period for candidates external to the Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
https://www.kmpt.nhs.uk/our-services/medway-community-mental-health-service-for-older-people/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationExperienceEssential Desirable
- To work effectively as a lead clinician in the Community Mental Health Team for Older People ensuring that patients referred for assessment experience a smooth pathway through the referral, diagnosis and treatment process.
- To contribute to the planning and implementation of interventions.
- To monitor clients progress, reporting on clients psychological, physical, behavioural and social needs.
- To adapt and evaluate interventions ensuring that they support the client and his/her carer to meet their needs, adjusting own approach accordingly.
- To act as Care co-ordinator to designated caseload
- To provide effective support, guidance and supervision for junior members of staff as delegated, and with support from senior members of staff.
- Please see Job description for more details
Training and RegistrationEssential Desirable
- Experience within Older Adult services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Completed or willing to carry out Mentorship training
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
Britton House, Gillingham
Gillingham High Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.