Full/Part Time Positions Available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled neonatal nurse to work at the Local Neonatal Unit in Chester. This is a really exciting time to join our team who strive to deliver Family Integrated Care. We have recently moved into our purpose built unit which specialises in providing a holistic environment which supports parents in becoming equal members of the neonatal team and participating in providing active care for their baby with the help of competency-based training. Your role will involve working clinically, taking charge of the Neonatal Unit for your shift and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team and Network.We are passionate in supporting our staff to develop and have great opportunities for career progression.We are a friendly, supportive team who work tirelessly to improve standards and drive improvements.Main duties of the job
You will contribute and commit to promoting a positive team based attitude, striving for the highest standards of care and achieving excellence, through continued development and compassion. You will actively engage and train other members of your team, and when instructed you will support senior management in the effective running of the clinical area, creating an environment which allows you're team to maximise their ability.About us
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services to West Cheshire and to Welsh patients covered by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. The Trust works collaboratively within the wider Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership. Its services are provided from three locations:
- The Countess of Chester Hospital: providing 438 general and acute beds
- Ellesmere Port Hospital: providing 56 beds as a rehabilitation, intermediate and outpatient facility
- Tarporley War Memorial Hospital: a base for community services which serve the local rural population.
The Trust employs over 6258 staff (headcount) which includes temporary bank staff and provides acute emergency and elective services, primary care direct access services and obstetric services to a population of approximately 407,000. This includes 357,000 residents in Chester and West Cheshire which includes Ellesmere Port and Neston as well as the Deeside area of Flintshire which has a population of approximately 50,000.
The Trust is a busy district general hospital and in 2022/2023, there were more than 503,342 patient attendances (inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic) ranging from a simple outpatient appointment to major cancer surgery. This is an increase of nearly 10,000 compared to the previous year when there were 494,387 patient attendances.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. The cost of the DBS application is �23 (standard) or �43 (enhanced), this cost will be deducted from your salary over the first three months of employment.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
Good luck with your application.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Degree or diploma in nursing.
- Qualified in Specialty - Neonatal
- Newborn Life Support Course
- Teaching and assessing qualification/998/997/ mentorship or equivalent
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- R23 - Enhancing Neonatal Practice
- Leadership qualification or equivalent.
- Post registration experience in speciality, including a minimum of 6 months post QIS.
- Be able to co-ordinate & prioritise own workload, and that of others
- Have knowledge of professional and NHS issues, and an understanding of corporate objectives.
- IT skills in work processing/hospital systems
- Experience in mentoring and assessing staff & students
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in managing others
- Ability to manage complex problems and situations
- Experience in cannulation
- Experience in the management of UVCs, UACs, and long lines.
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Countess of Chester Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.