Please come and join our outstanding maternity team. We offer an excellent and diverse preceptorship program, individually tailored to meet your personal and professional needs.
We are excited to be expanding our team and cant wait for you to join.
We are looking for highly motivated and diligent people with caring and compassionate qualities to work in our CQC rated 'Outstanding' Maternity Department.
Surrey and Sussex Maternity Service unit cares for over 4500 women and their families every year. We are looking for band 5 & 6 Midwives to join our Maternity team. The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload. This is a rotational post working in all areas of maternity both hospital and community settings as part of our Continuity of Carer teams.
An essential part of your role will be delivering all aspects of care to women, their partners and families.
If you are a caring individual with excellent communication and clinical skills we would welcome you to join our team. There will be a full orientation programme and a robust preceptorship scheme to support acquisition of band 6 competenciesMain duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
For further information, regarding the role please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlight.Person SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.