This is an exciting opportunity for a clinician to provide evidence based therapy for Children Looked After and Adopted Children in the Symbol team Lewisham CAMHS, part of this job will also include facilitating/supporting therapeutic groups, contributing to specialist assessments, planning, implementation, and monitoring the outcomes. The clinician will not only work with a multidisciplinary team within Lewisham CAMHS including interface work but they will also work with external agencies/networks that are involved with the young person.Main duties of the job
To provide CAMHS initial assessments and contribute to complex/specialist assessments formulations and interventions for children and young people / families in the Symbol Team, a specialist tier 3 team.
To Provide evidence-based therapy to children and adolescents and receive regular clinical supervision.
Design, write and share a copy of the care plan with children, young people and their carer's and carry out the planned intervention with minimal supervision.
Assume responsibility for own case load and case management of children, adolescents, carers, and networks whose risk will range between low/medium/high risk.About us
Lewisham Symbol Team for Children In Care and Adopted Children is a multi-disciplinary team within a Tier 3 community CAMHS service for children and adolescents with a range of mild, moderate and severe/enduring mental health difficulties and neuro developmental disorders such as (severe depression/anxiety, complex trauma, attachment difficulties, developmental trauma self-harm / suicidal behaviour, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Autism Spectrum disorder). Many of the young people we work with have ongoing safeguarding issues, and/or underlying complex neurodevelopmental conditions. The team consists of the clinical service lead, consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologists, a Family Therapist, and mental health nurses. The team offers assessment and treatment to young people on our caseload. We work closely alongside wider tier 3 CAMHS teams and specialist tier 4 services, inpatient settings, social care, education, residential services, and other healthcare providers. About the location:
The Symbol team is based in Lewisham, Address: 78 Lewisham Park, London SE13 6QJ.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide culturally appropriate interventions with carers or families of referred clients when required.
Participate as a multi-disciplinary team member in assessing and triaging referrals for the Symbol team and set care plans objectives, standards, and strategies to provide a high standard of care to clients.
Deliver interventions for children and young people based on NICE guidelines and evidence-based practice, including individual, group work, family work, advice, and supervision according to the needs of children and young people and have a flexible and innovative approach to packages of care.
To assess and monitor risk and draw up appropriate risk management plans.
To be part of the Symbol Duty System as per weekly rota
Assess safeguarding issues for own case and refer concerns to the relevant Child Protection teams.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualification in one of the following, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mentalization Based Therapy, child Psycho-analytical Therapy
- Registered with either, the BACP, HCPC, UKCP, ACP
- Experience providing evidence based therapy for looked after children or adopted children
- To deliver therapy across cultural and other differences.
- To provide specialist assessments, generic assessments, formulations and interventions for young people and their carers.
- To act as co-ordinator taking responsibility for initiating planning and reviewing care plans, CPA co-ordination and meetings.
- To assess and monitor risk and draw up appropriate risk management plans
- To communicate skilfully and sensitively complex and sensitive information with clients, carers and colleagues overcoming barriers to communication including sensory, and emotional difficulties, cultural differences and hostility to or rejection of information.
- To plan and schedule assessment and interventions for individual clients and groups and carers, and for meetings such as CPA and case reviews
- To contribute to the consultation and engagement of service users in planning and delivering services which meet the needs of local communities.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, contributing to effective team functioning and holding team roles.
- Ability to manage emotionally stressful situations such as working with victims of abuse or trauma, or with people who engage in severe self-harming or aggressive behaviour
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and the evidence base for Child and Adolescents.
- Understanding and experience applying psychological theory and models in practice
- Post-graduate level knowledge of a specialist therapy either cognitive behavioural therapy, mentalization based therapy or psychoanalytic therapy
- Knowledge of factors affecting acceptability and accessibility of mental health care.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
78 Lewisham Park,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.