This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing multi agency team comprising Paediatricians, Clinical Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy. This new team is hosted within the Children & Young People Service (CYPS) Directorate and education colleagues to enable multi agency care planning.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated team member who has experience working as part of an MDT providing evidence-based social communication, autism and ADHD interventions in line with NICE guidance. Evidence of effective partnership working with education and health colleagues is essential. The successful candidate will have strong clinical skills and extensive experience in tailoring interventions and care plans to young people's needs. The successful candidate will have experience of differential diagnoses within their area of speciality that might include mental health, ADHD, DCD and sensory differences.You would be part of a wider group of clinicians working with Children and Young People who meet regularly to offer CPD, peer support, share research ideas and clinical practice, and to drive forward quality improvement initiatives.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will
- Be able to confidently communicate a child's needs within multi-disciplinary arenas, and take an active role in needs planning and support for a range of presentations.
- Be able to demonstrate good knowledge and skills around assessment and differential diagnoses, with experience of working with children, young people and families and those with neuro-diversity.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of ADHD, or a willingness to learn more about this.
- Be confident in interpreting complex and/or sensitive information with supervision, and supporting continuous improvement and service development.
- Be able to develop and maintain close links with a range of local services.
- Have expertise in delivering high quality interventions.
- Have extensive experience of multi-disciplinary, multi-agency work.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with HCPC
- ADOS training and experience using it
- Additional Training in ADHD/Autism
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working as an OT for 2 years
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with neurodiverse young people
- Experience of assessing DCD
- Experience of working with mental Health presentations
- Experience of offering support with sensory needs
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.