It's an exciting time to join Royal Manchester Children's Hospital. We are recruiting for a Junior sister / charge nurse band 6 to join our dynamic elective treatment centre.
We're looking for a motivated and passionate individual to bring enthusiasm and excellence to our team which provides a broad range of high-quality, specialist services to our patients and supporting the team to be the best that they can be. The post holder will report to the Ward Manager and Modern Matron providing visible leadership across a clinical service setting, monitoring and maintaining professional high standards. S/he is an innovative and dynamic practitioner committed to improving the patient/client experience, improving standards of care and services, leading the nursing contribution within RMCH.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work primarily within relevant clinical area (name).
The post holder is responsible for ensuring immediate care to relevant client group and will work primarily within the Ward 76. The post holder will assess, plan implement and evaluate the care for these patients supporting and guiding junior staff in the process. S/he will provide direct patient care and have detailed clinical knowledge of the specialist area. The post holder will assist the senior Sister/Charge Nurses in ensuring that high standards of quality of care are delivered & maintained. The post holder will act as a positive role model within the department for staff patients and carers. The post holder will deputise for the senior sister as required.
The post holder will enable nurses to acquire clinical and professional competencies by facilitating high quality education and staff development opportunities. Post holders will be expected to participate fully in their personal development.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level registration - RN(Child)/RSCN Post basic evidence of study
- Evidence of recent professional development.
- Qualified to function as mentor for pre registration students
- Completion or working towards Advanced Paediatric Critical Care Course or equivalent.
- Appropriate management or leadership courses
- Evidence of recent relevant academic studies
- Substantial relevant post registration experience, some of this experience must be within relevant clinical setting.
- Evidence of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice.
- Evidence of multi disciplinary/multi agency working.
- Evidence of supporting our Quality & Safety Strategy
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience of clinical audit
- Experience of research activities
- Evidence of implementing a service development/change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of teaching and assessing skills/ability.
- Clinically competent in Paediatric Critical Care.
- Proven workload management of self and of others.
- Proven ability to problem solve.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Effective organisational skills.
- Good analytical and clinical decision making skills
- Awareness of Clinical Governance process.
- IT/word processing skills
- Professional, working in-line with Trust Values.
- An enthusiastic and supportive role model with the ability to motivate people
- Critical analysis skills
- Evidence of skills in diplomacy and negotiation.
- Confident decision maker.
- Able to work within a given resource and demonstrate imaginative and effective use of resources.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Compassionate Leader.
- Team builder.
- Encourages participation from all staff.
- Ability to work across boundaries to manage change and deliver excellent quality service
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.