Band 7 Lead Midwife,
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Registered Midwife to work as a Lead Midwife on our Maternity Unit. This is an excellent opportunity for a midwife with strong clinical leadership skills to move into a senior role. You should have experience across all areas of clinical midwifery care, be committed to supporting implementation of National maternity improvement initiatives, be organised and able to motivate a team.
Working collaboratively within our multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of safe and compassionate care to women and their families and promoting an open, supportive positive environment will also be key requirements of the roleMain duties of the job
Act as a lead midwife within the acute maternity unit to provide specialist expertise to clients in the antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods, working independently to provide high quality evidence based care to women. Responsible and accountable for the development of the maternity service to ensure high standards of clinical care are maintained, with responsibility and accountability for the continuing day-to-day management of the maternity unit, acting as lead coordinator on a rotational basis.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to workJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our policy for eligible vacancies?
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: email@example.com
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27 day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Post graduate diploma or equivalent
- Foundation management certificate or equivalent.
- Essential IT skills (EITS) or equivalent.
- Supervisor of midwives.
- Advanced life support in obstetrics, or equivalent.
- Postgraduate management certificate or equivalent.
- Teaching certificate or equivalent.
- Dealing with Obstetric Emergencies
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Adult resuscitation
- Post registration ante-, intra- and postpartum care.
Desirable Skills and AptitudesEssential
- CPD with portfolio
- Child Protection
- Midwives Codes of Practice
- Risk Management
- Equality legislation and best practice.
- Budgetary implications.
- Clinical Leadership skills
- Highly effective communication and personal skills
- Ability to assess, teach and train
- Able to motivate others
- Ability to change practice using evidence based research
- Ability to demonstrate the compassionate values and behaviours needed for dignified care.
- Interview and appraisal skills
- Team building skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to shift working
- Willing to undertake further training
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.