If so, this role could be for you!Main duties of the job
- Seeking a new challenge where you can really make a difference to your team?
- Experienced in management and payroll?
- Passionate about driving continuous improvement, using technology and new processes for an increasingly efficient management of all Payroll services
We are looking for somebody with a wealth of experience in payroll who has the ability to lead a team effectively.
You will assist the team in providing a high quality, co-ordinated, customer facing service to the Trust. You will be the primary contact responsible for advising and managing a small team of payroll staff. Assisting the payroll manager as well as assisting the wider team as required, working within strict deadlines.
Responsible for the delivery of work based training for new employees and the continuous development of departmental staff with regard to new conditions of service legislative changes and financial system enhancements.
Influence and contribute to the development of departmental procedures and demonstrate an awareness of potential impact on other departments.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
Desirable Experience and Knowledge RequiredEssential
- NVQ level 5 or 5 years experience working in a payroll department
Desirable Skills and AttributesEssential
- Payroll packages used
- Experience of computerised data entry
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good communication skills
- Team work
- Ability to work on own initiative
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tribune Way, Clifton Moor
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.