There has never been a more exciting time to join the UHNM. A full time opportunity has arisen within our Children's Emergency Centre @Staffordshire Children's Hospital.Main duties of the job
- Will work within the context of this post in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) codes of practice and the University Hospital of North Midlands Trust policies, procedures, standards and guidance.
- Keep abreast of issues related to the post and ensure that these are reflected in practice.
- Maintain professional registrations with NMC and undertake appropriate clinical practice to maintain registrations.
- Provide expert clinical advice to patients / families / staff/visitors.
- Participate in University Hospital of North Midlands Trust annual appraisal system.
- Identify areas of professional development to meet the changing needs of the service user and in accordance with contemporary professional practice.
- To participate in personal objective setting and review, including the creation of a personal development plan. Ensure personal development links to Service Improvement and Divisional and Trust policies.
- Induction Policy for those acquiring new skills.
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact the Hiring Manager.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered
- Children's Nursing Degree
- Recent experience in an Acute Trust
- Experience in an Emergency portal
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good Communication skills
- Uses Own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliability and trustworthiness
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
University Hospitals North Midlands
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.