The appointment is for a fixed term period of 2 years. MRCP (UK) (including PACES) or equivalent is essential. The post does not award a National Training Number. As this post is not recognised as a 'training post', full registration with the GMC with a licence to practise is required, and if the appointee does not hold right of residence in the UK sponsorship will be required. The duties of this post are equivalent to ST5+.Main duties of the job
Please refer to the supporting job description and person specification which will outline the duties of the role including an indicative job plan.About us
Located on rolling hills and dissected by river valleys, Sheffield is one of the greenest and most wooded cities in Europe. More than a third of the city lies inside the beautiful Peak District National Park, and it is virtually surrounded by open countryside - over half the city's population live within 15 minutes of open countryside. It is also the greenest city in England, with 175 woodlands and 75 public parks. Sheffield offers a unique proposition of city culture alongside access to some of the most stunning countryside in the UK.This environment, together with the unparalleled strength of the city's climbing, running, walking and biking communities, sets Sheffield apart from anywhere else in the UK. There is also a wide range of affordable housing and excellent schools on offer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Applications from those unable, for personal reasons, to work on a whole time basis or a job share basis will be considered.
The successful candidate must be registered with the GMC with a valid licence to practice. For further information please visit the GMC website and click on the Registration and Licensing link.
Non-UK/EEA applicants should ensure they are aware of the recent changes to the Immigration rules. For further information on how this may affect your application visit the UK Government website.
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust promotes Equality of opportunity and Diversity within the workplace.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information: COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment at this time, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks, and so that we can support those who may be undecided about vaccination. If you are unvaccinated there is helpful advice and information at https://sheffieldhospitalscoronavirus.co.uk/vaccine.html where you can also find out more about how to access vaccination. There is a current government consultation underway which will determine whether some new starters may need to be vaccinated. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered with the GMC with a licence to practice
- Basic Medical Degree
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) or equivalent.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS)
Research and AuditEssential
- Training in Respiratory Medicine or Cardiology
- Out-patient clinical experience
- Ability to prioritise clinical need.
- Ability to maximise safety and minimise risk.
- Recognition of, and ability to undertake the initial management of, an acutely ill patient.
- Ability to critically assess published research and incorporate it into clinical practice where appropriate.
- Understanding of basic research methodology.
Teaching and TrainingEssential
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Experience of teaching medical students and junior doctors
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with PROUD values (see in job description)
- Good written communication skills
- The applicant must demonstrate skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking the English language that enables effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues as set out in the GMC' good medical practice (2013).
- Evidence of participation in CME/CPD in the last 12 months
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Maintenance of a CPD diary or portfolio
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.