Community Registered Nurse - District Nursing - Castlepoint area Full time and Part time hours available UK DRIVING LICENSE AND ACCESS TO A CAR ARE ESSENTIAL WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POST - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLYMain duties of the job
Are you self-motivated, enthusiastic and looking for a new challenge? Would you like the opportunity to develop and further your nursing career in the community setting? We deliver care from 8am-9pm seven days a week including weekends and bank holidays with a variety of shifts.
We are looking for a compassionate, hardworking and motivated registered nurse to join our District Nursing Team in the Thundersley & Canvey area.
You will have daily responsibility for screening referrals and providing planned and unplanned care to patients within the community setting. You will liaise closely with local GP's and other members of the wider MDT as well as with patients and their families, therefore excellent communication and IT skills are essential.
There are many opportunities for further professional development. You must be a first level registered nurse, hold a full valid UK driving licence and have access to a car. About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Mains roles and responsibility will include:
- Referral triage
- Complex holistic assessments
- Hospital avoidance
- Palliative care
- Catheter care/bowel management
- Working alongside the wider MDT/PCN
- Wound management
- Care planning for future visits
- Liaise with community nurse Team Leaders for future patient visits and allocation for additional support
- Liaising and building relationships with MDT and PCN for collaborative working
- Excellent IT skills
- Registered Nurse (Parts 1 or 12)
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
- Mentorship / or equivalent teaching qualification
- Demonstrates ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Hospital or previous community experience
- Previous use of system one
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good Oral communication skilled based on fluency in the English Language
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Thundersley Clinic & Canvey primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.