Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist- Band 6 (Full time or Part time) Orthopaedics (Pre Operative Care, Day Surgery, Trauma and Elective)
Are you looking to specialise and develop your skills in orthopaedics? Is high quality acute care and early rehabilitation important to you? Are you looking to participate and drive forward research in therapies? Come and join us.
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to join our integrated Therapy team at Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The successful applicant will join our integrated Therapy team on Orthopaedics, as we expand and develop our services to provide 7 day therapy and further develop specialist, intensive rehabilitation offered to these client groups.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be an HCPC registered, qualified occupational therapist or physiotherapist who can demonstrate previous experience working within orthopaedics, or experience working with patients with orthopaedic conditions.
You will have a sound clinical knowledge base and will be expected to engage with opportunities to develop and consolidate specialist orthopaedic clinical skills.
You will have your own clinical caseload and provide specialist assessment and intervention to a wide range of orthopaedic patients including patients with spinal cord injury and multi-trauma, with a range of physical and cognitive impairments.
You will be expected to be proficient in communication and an effective multidisciplinary and multi-agency worker.
This role will include providing both formal and informal supervision and training to junior staff and therapy assistant practitioners. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in engaging with relevant service improvement projects within orthopaedics to improve the care and rehabilitation outcomes for our patients.
We are looking for a positive, autonomous, and proactive clinician to join our team who can work flexibly.About us
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a modern District General Hospital, offering an excellent working environment. The Therapy department is committed to forging links with Bournemouth University, engaging with regional and national networks and increasing our involvement in therapy research.
Much of West Dorset is designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty, and the coastline is protected by World Heritage status. The area is largely rural, with reasonable rail, air and road links.
A full driving licence is required. All therapy staff are expected to contribute to weekend working rotas within the department.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person Specificationqualifications and trainingEssential
- To provide and efficient, effective, quality Therapy Service to patients with Orthopaedics as part of an integrated MDT in the following areas trauma, elective, pre assessment and day surgery.
- To utilise specialist knowledge of assessment and therapy interventions in the management of patient group in the acute stages of treatment.
- To provide and promote evidence based pathways of care in line with National Guidance
- Contributing to relevant local and national data entry and continuous quality improvement
- To promote and demonstrate safe, timely and appropriate discharge planning
- To provide clinical guidance and the delegation of work to the therapy assistants, juniors and other ward staff.
- To participate in weekend working
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Health Professions Council
- Evidence of other relevant and recent CPD/ training (Stroke)
- Senior OT experience in an acute hospital
- Community rehabilitation experience
- Experience working with Stroke patients
knowledge amd skillsEssential
- Evidence of engagement with regional networks (SSNP)/other partners (community trust, social services)
- Ability to present information, written and orally, in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to keep accurate and legible clinical notes.
- Ability to demonstrate clear depth of clinical reasoning and knowledge of OT assessment and interventions with those with neurological conditions, commensurate with Band 6 level.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritising case load effectively
- To show an understanding of clinical governance and its implication for the Occupational Therapy service.
- Experience in completing local projects
- Evidence of supporting team members
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to a car for work use (community rotation only)
- Willingness to contribute to weekend working
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.