PLEASE NOTE: If you a Band 5 staff nurse currently working for the trust and looking to move to another area, please go to http://uhbpolicies/documents/internal-lateral-transfer-of-post-holders.htm to access our transfer process.
Staff Nurse (Band 5): Surgical --emergency general surgery/urology/ENT , Gastroenterology & Trauma
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) is recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives and we know that we need incredible staff to do this.
At Birmingham Heartlands Hospital we strive to provide excellent care to our surgical patients. To enable us to do this, we nurture, develop and value our staff. We have opportunities on all our surgical wards, Surgical Assessment Unit and gastroenterology wards. There is something to suit all band 5 Registered Nurses.
Within surgery at Heartlands hospital, there is a range of surgical and gastroenterology wards comprising of the following specialities:
*Surgical Assessment Unit
*Elective & Emergency Vascular Surgery -ward 4
*Emergency urology and Ears Nose and Throat -- ward 5
*Emergency General Surgery -- wards 7 & 12
*Gastroenterology -- ward 10
*Trauma specialising in fractured neck of femur - wards 17 & 18
*If you are looking to gain a variety of clinical experience and exposure by working in specialty wards or alternatively you would prefer to specialise in one area, then we have opportunities for you.Main duties of the job
We have a Clinical Educational team who work alongside supportive ward staff, Clinical Nurse Specialists and multidisciplinary teams will guide you in developing and advancing your skills and knowledge in caring for a wide variety of surgical patients as well as to develop your leadership skills.
Your professional journey will include a comprehensive induction, preceptorship, mentoring, trust wide and specialist in-house study days and university based modules and courses. There is the opportunity to work alongside clinical nurse specialists and advanced care practitioners which can open up a variety of avenues for you to widen your clinical experience at UHB.
For those aspiring to develop their careers within nursing leadership and management, opportunities are available to pursue this career pathway also.
Development and training is further extended by support from the UHB School of Nursing, Allied Health Professionals and Midwifery. The school offers exciting opportunities for career growth.
Flexibility in work patterns is available to allow for a supportive work-life balance. Please enquire whether nights only, days only or certain days in the week/weekend can be accommodated. Both part and full-time posts are available.
For further information on what we can offer you, please don't hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *Registered Adult Nurse on the NMC Register
- *Evidence and ability to revalidate as required by the NMC
- *Previous / recent experience or working in an acute secondary NHS care setting (can include student placements within the last 12 months )
- *Evidence of achievements and career development in current post and of on-going professional development/ competence
- *Experience of working on own and in a team in a health care environment delegating to others within a team / providing supervision to others
- *Willingness to become a practice supervisor / assessor to or meets Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards for student supervision and assessment
- *Understanding and knowledge of the NMC code of conduct
- *Understanding of preceptorship and work based learning and assimilation of skills and knowledge
- *Awareness of current relevant NHS policy context
- *Understanding / experience of the principles of safeguarding and Mental Capacity
- *Awareness of health and safety issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Professional appearance
- *Displays genuine interest in the post applied for and can articulate this when questioned
- *Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- *Ability to communicate articulately others
- *Caring and approachable
- *Ability to work a varied shift pattern including nights / weekends unsocial hours where required
- *The applicant can describe why the Trust may deploy him /her to a different practice setting for a span of duty
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bordesley Green E
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.