The post holder will be an essential member of the Salaried Dental Service working as part of a team of clinicians within West Sector of the Dental Network within Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
The post involves the provision of comprehensive routine and specialised dental care to children and adults whose dental needs cannot be fulfilled within General Dental Practice.
This will include the provision of inhalation sedation and may also include treatment under intravenous sedation or general anaesthetic, or on a domiciliary basis.
Patients may have multiple needs including one or more of the following: learning disability, physical disability, chronic mental health condition, complex medical history, dental anxiety, and substance misuse. This list is not exhaustive.
The post is based within the areas we serve within Cheshire and Merseyside and the location of work will be based on service need.
We also have accredited courses in inhalation and intravenous sedation, so this is an ideal position to enhance your skills for managing our patients with extra needs. Main duties of the job
Please see the full job description attached to this vacancy
Plan and manage care for a range of patients who are under the care of the Salaried Dental Service, including an understanding of the needs of patients with anxiety and disabilities and carry out their treatment accordingly
Provide information and practical advice as appropriate for the oral health needs of individuals to enable them to improve and maintain good oral health. Assess, monitor and adapt clinical interventions as required to meet the needs and capabilities of individual patients.
Communicate with all members of the clinical team and provide information to Senior Dentists or Clinical Director / Assistant Clinical Director.
Communicate appropriately with other health and social care professionals involved in the care of patients.
Refer patients to other dental professionals as treatment determine
Run the clinical environment and the immediate dental team.
Participate in professional development activities:
as required to meet service needs and maintain CPD requirements.
Other duties as may from time-to-time be delegated by the Clinical Director or other authorised officer.About us
At Bridgewater, our PEOPLE values shape how we deliver our NHS services in your local community.
They help us deliver our mission to improve local health and promote wellbeing in the communities we serve.
After all, values are about people and they were created in partnership with our staff to reflect what they felt was important to them
Here at Bridgewater our shared values flow through the organisation.P
- Person-centred-We are passionate about individual needs and promote independence in the healthcare we provide..E
- Empowered- We empower our people and encourage new ideas to deliver and create improvements in community care.O
- Open and Honest -We behave in a way that develops relationships based on trust, openness, honesty and respect.P
- Professional-We support our people, so everyone has the right skills and training to deliver outstanding patient care.L
- Locally Lead -We are always learning about our communities and show great pride in being a local provider of health and care.E
- Efficient -We use our resources wisely to provide sustainable and value for money healthcare for our patients.
Unfortunately, we do not hold a sponsor licence for working Visas.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the full Job Description and person Specification that is attached separately to this post which outlines all the roles and duties for this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BDS or equivalent
- Full GDC registration
- NHS Performer number
- Certificate / Diploma in conscious sedation or equivalent
- NOMS security clearance
- Provision of routine dental treatment for adults and children
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working in Salaried Primary Dental Care Service (Community Dental Service) or equivalent
- Working with people with special needs
- Provision of all aspects of routine dental care
Job Specific RequirementsEssential
- Treatment using inhalation sedation
- Treatment using Intravenous sedation
- Treatment under general anaesthetic
- Treatment on a domiciliary basis
- Experience of participation in epidemiological fieldwork.
- Use of SOEL dental software
- The ability to travel independently across the Trust
- The ability to work flexibly in accordance with service needs
- The ability to work independently
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Do you have the right to stay and work in the UK without sponsorship (share-codes will be checked if applicable)
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hallwood Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.