Development Opportunity - Band 7 Clinical or Counselling Psychologist with progression to Band 8a
Part time - 0.7 WTE/ 7 sessions per week/26.25 hours per week.
Come and work in our friendly team based in Adult Community Mental Health Services based at Watford! We are an outstanding Trust!
Our staff survey results tell a story of highly engaged, motivated, passionate people working at HPFT. The survey has shown that staff overwhelmingly believe that their role makes a difference to service users, to the extent that HPFT had the best score nationally for this question.
Please contact Dr Vanessa Cowle on 01923 837000 for an informal chat or to arrange a visit. We look forward to hearing from you!
You must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to a car to use regularly for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will:
- join a well established psychological therapies service in the South West Quadrant of Hertfordshire
- offer assessment and a range of different psychological interventions
- work with clients presenting with a range of difficulties and diagnoses
- offer individual and group interventions
- supervise and trainto staff
- receive weekly supervision and support locally
- have access to CPD activities including well established special interest groups.
In return, we can offer you:
- leadership and management training opportunities
- 5% on top of basic salary high cost allowance supplement (subject to a minimum and a maximum payment pro rata)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Free Pilates lessons
- Special leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme (for substantive staff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To ensure the systematic provision of a specialist clinical / counselling psychology service across the MHLT service for the provision of psychological interventions for service users with complex MUS and severe and enduring mental health problems presenting to Watford General Hospital and Lister General Hospital.
To provide expertise, advice and consultation on clients psychological care to other members of the teams
To work closely with the MHLT and the range of multi-disciplinary colleagues within the service setting
To work effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary teams For a more indepth person and Job Description please read the attached. Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Relevant professional qualification
- Professional qualification doctoral level or equivalent
- Experience of working in mental health lisaison services
- Experience of psychological assessment and treatment of clients
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups
- Knowledge of and some experience of cognitive and neuropsychological assessment
- Knowledge of dementia and psychological issues associated with ageing
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of at least one evidence based psycholgocial therapty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of physical illness and impacts of psycholgocial health
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
21 Upton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.