We are recruiting for a Clinical Photography & Illustration Manager who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The Department of Clinical Photography and Illustration (DCPI), based at Lister Hospital in Stevenage, is pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to lead our experienced and motivated team.
You will be accountable for the Clinical Photography and Illustration service across all Trust sites. You will participate in the delivery, planning and development of the service, in conjunction with the Matron and the Divisional Leadership Team for Planned Care.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
You will provide professional leadership and operational management to the department and ensure effective staff development. You will ensure that the service is cost effective, efficient and managed within the available budgetary resource.
You will also participate in the delivery of the clinical photography service alongside two qualified Clinical Photographers, a Trainee Clinical Photographer and a Clinical Photography Assistant.
You will be accountable for the provision of high standards of service to the patient, reviewing and maintaining quality standards and developing audit within the designated area.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications / TrainingEssential
- PgC in Clinical Photography or equivalent
- Registered with the Academy for Healthcare Science as a Medical Illustrator
- Ability to travel easily between trust sites
- Provide evidence of experience or additional qualification in management
- Experience working as an advanced medical illustration practitioner
- Staff management including management of sickness absence and performance
- Team working
- Evidence of self-development and development of staff
- Wide experience in management preferably with a recognised management certificate
- Good communication and effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Advanced keyboard skills desktop publishing, digital image manipulation
- Advanced graphic design skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist knowledge of medical illustration disciplines
- Knowledge and understanding of all specialist clinical, design, educational services provided by the department
- IT literacy
- Expert knowledge of any issues surrounding clinical images, image confidentiality, image management, consent and copyright
- Digital clinical photography and related specialist software applications
- Image management system, use, maintenance and audit
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.