We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, skilled, approachable and motivated consultant to join the Barnet Enfield and Haringey CAMHS division to help in managing the care of children and young people living within the north central London. This is an excellent opportunity for a consultant who would like to work and develop a well-functioning team that addresses the needs of young people with global development delay and challenging behaviour and living in the borough of Haringey. The consultant will work with a skilled and well-functioning MDT and will be supported by the wider Haringey CAMS team.
The post has arisen as the previous post holder left for another position due to change in personal circumstances following which we had to apply for approval from the college. The postholder will be working with a small caseload of young people who require medical reviews and monitoring and offer consultation to the wider MDT. Although the post has been approved for 0.7 WTE by the college, we are willing to consider a person who would want to either work for the 7 sessions over 3 days or want to work for an additional session and work for 4 days every week.Main duties of the job
The consultant appointed to the post will be encouraged to develop their own interests and pursue research interest in collaboration with the child and adolescent mental health research unit based at University College London CAMHS research unit led by Professor Argyris Stringaris. The consultant will be encouraged to participate in various QI projects across both services and will also be encouraged to come up with new QI projects as appropriate. The consultant can also participate in teaching medical students and psychiatry trainees as well.
The trust is embarking on an ambitious transformation of services within CAMHS using the THRIVE principles and the candidate would be encouraged to develop and contribute towards these changes in order to deliver an effective and compassionate service to the young people living within Barnet Enfield and Haringey.
All new consultants will be provided with mentoring by experienced consultants to help develop in the role as medical leaders. The consultant will be invited to be part of the local Consultant CPD/Peer support group. We are willing to consider applicants who want a split post or want to apply to either of the roles as part time consultants.About usBEH and Camden and Islington foundation trust have now formed a comprehensive partnership to collaborate and work with in the North Central London integrated care board brackets (ICB) close brackets and the general practitioner (GP) to ensure that there is comprehensive transformation of care for the people living in the boroughs of Barnet Camden Enfield Haringey and Islington we are working with ICB and GP network to ensure that people living in the NCL sector are provided with effective compassionate and equitable care irrespective of their post code within the NCL sector. BEH Mental Heath Trust understands the importance of resilient childhood and have embarked on a path to provide effective, personalised and compassionate care to young people living in the boroughs of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. The trust has created a specific CAMHS division to focus on achieving this aim. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualifications & ExperienceEssential
- To manage an established caseload of currently 40 patients most of whom use medication and have complex needs
- To contribute to assessment regarding complex ADHD and other types of complex psychiatric conditions associated with learning disabilities
- Working with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT) to provide assessments and developing effective and novel treatment approaches for all patients
- Working in partnership with young people, parents and carers to develop evidence-based, effective and agreed care plans
- Attending/ Chairing CPA, CETRE and other MDT and multiagency meetings.
- To teach and supervise medical staff and other professionals in all aspects of psychiatric care
- To provide clinical and professional leadership within the post and take part in management activities and governance processes related to the post or the wider service within which it is embedded.
- As a senior clinician, to have an integral role in the performance of the team, further development of the service, and the development of the clinical pathways and priorities of the service line
- To participate in the day time Consultant rota offering support to the Duty Worker.
- MBBS and additional experience in learning disability or Child psychiatry leading to CCT/CESR registration
- CCT/CESR registration
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) with a current licence to practise from the GMC at intended start date
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Section 12 Approved or able to achieve within three months of appointment
Clinical Skill, Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Qualifications or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualification
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Academic skills & Lifelong learningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership and collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes.
Information Technology Experience & SkillsEssential
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflect on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and/or service evaluation
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
- Basic computer skills, including ability to use e-mail and Internet
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in data gathering and management
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
St Ann's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.