An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated dietitian to join our dynamic team within Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management. The post holder will work within a multi-disciplinary team, assessing and providing obese patients with high quality dietetic care. PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS A WELCOME PREMIA OF �1,500
Applicants should be HCPC registered dietitians, with relevant post registration dietetic experience. The post holder should ideally have experience of working within a weight management service.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have a good understanding of the complex needs of obese individuals and will enjoy helping others to lose weight using up to date evidence based practice, education and behaviour change techniques. The post holder will work alongside a range of specialists as part of an MDT approach with involvement in assessment and treatment of patients, including those who are considering onward referral to the Tier 4 Bariatric Surgery Service. .
Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential as the successful candidate will be expected to manage a busy caseload, ensuring all patients are adequately supported. The post holder will also be responsible for providing clinical supervision to other team members.
You will be based in the vibrant, cultural city of Hull which is continuing to thrive and grow after being awarded City of Culture in 2017. The post will be based atMarfleetHealth Centre in Hull, however the successful applicant will also be expected to work from various other bases across the city.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Jo Devon - Operations Manager, Nutrition and Dietetics/Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management on 07515 788173 or email email@example.comAbout us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeople
and we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcare
to thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the Job Description and Person Specification for the main responsiblities associated the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or post-degree course in Dietetics leading to registration with HCPC.
- Behaviour change levels 1 & 2 (or equivalent qualification)
- Clinical supervisory skills (basic) (or equivalent qualification)
- Specialist post-registration qualification e.g., obesity management, Motivational interviewing, behaviour change.
- ECDL or equivalent competency
- Interest in working with weight management clients
- Basic IT skills
- Able to use weighing equipment safely
- Reflective practice
- Advanced critical appraisal skills
- Motivational interviewing skills
- Negotiating skills
- Group work skills
- Awareness of student training requirements
- Knowledge of audit cycle
- Training/experience in weight management, diabetes and Mental Health
- Clinical dietetics in acute or primary care settings, with experience of complex patients
- Managing personal dietetic caseload
- Participation in training of other health professionals
- Developing practice of other dietitians
- Participation in peer support and clinical supervision
- Able to contribute to effective multi-disciplinary working across agencies
- Clinical training of dietetic students
- Clinical audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working within Tier 2, 3 or 4 weight management services.
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Marfleet group Practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.