Therapy Team Lead - Older Adults Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated senior physiotherapist to lead our older adults team at Lincoln Hospital for a 6 month period, with the possibility of it being made substantive. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in providing acute physiotherapy for older people , and will have the motivation and passion to drive the development of the acute older adults therapy service together with the band 7 Occupational Therapist.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will lead a developing and experienced clinical team of therapy staff of Bands 2-6 and will support the development of Therapy staff as part of the wider MDT to deliver evidence based interventions for people on the in patient older adult ward areas, medical assessment unit and within A& E. The successful candidate must be flexible, innovative & highly motivated. The role requires the appointed person to be proactive and adaptable to support the smooth and prompt transition of in- patient care to the individuals' place of discharge, taking into account their needs. The successful applicant will be well supported within the therapy department and will be encouraged to develop the service. This is an exciting time to join us you will be part of a team that continues to deliver excellent services for our patients.About us
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (20/21) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciatedJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. your NHS needs you!!!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/degree in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of relevant post graduate courses/CPD
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above including English Language and Maths
- IELTS level 7 for staff whose first language is not English
- Registration with HCPC
- Supervisory skills
- Membership of CSP
- Active membership of a relevant
- CSP Professional Network (e.g. Insert relevant CIGs here))
- Proven NHS experience including work at Band 6 level in a variety of clinical areas.
- Proven skills in specialist area
- Experience of Student supervision
Knowledge, Skills, AptitudesEssential
- Post Graduate clinical education
- Masters level course attendance.
- Evidence of previous experience in audits.
- Relevant validated clinical courses
- Very good knowledge of physiotherapy in relevant area
- Forward thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self directed learning
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pass on skills/knowledge to others informally & formally
- Ability to evidence/demonstrate key values and behaviours in line with the Trust framework
- Excellent knowledge
- Critical appraisal
- Audit & research
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work well within the MDT
- Committed to personal & team development
- Ability to work well with others & get the best out of a team
- Able to maintain judgement under pressure
- Clear vision of role & commitment to speciality
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the post.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good previous health/attendance record.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.