Previous Applicants need not apply
Part time post 18.5 hours per week
Days are Wednesday from 1pm to 5pm
Thursday and Friday 9-5pm
This is an opportunity to join a thriving and busy team acting for Essex Partnership NHS Trust in the provision of a claims advisory service. The role requires an individual with an investigative mind and the ability to seek and collate appropriate evidence in a timely manner as part of the Trusts response to any claims. They must have the ability to work well in a team and independently when required, be confident to liaise with external partners NHS Resolution and legal advisors, demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful applicant will be process driven and exhibit excellent attention to detail in all elements of the role.Main duties of the job
The post holder work as part of the Legal Services Team in the provision of a comprehensive claims advisory service to all designated staff ensuring, in conjunction with the Senior Datix Manager and Associate Director of Risk and Compliance, that the directorate objectives are met.
o To provide high quality professional advice and support to managers and staff.
o To undertake specialist and general claims advisory tasks as required and appropriate to the grade.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Provide advice and support to managers on all aspects of claims and the implementation of policies and procedures.
2. Provide advice and support to managers in the handling of claims and assist managers in the preparation of documentation for defence.
3. Attend meetings to provide details of claims received and take statements as required.
4. Work closely with the Litigation Assistant to ensure claims information is kept upto date, and any problems are identified and addressed.
5. Work with the NHS R and solicitors as required to identify gaps in evidence and/orpossible concerns, developing appropriate processes.
6. In conjunction with the Senior Datix Manager work on requests for information,ensuring that timely and accurate responses are provided.
7. Assist managers when lessons can be learnt supporting them to cascade these totheir teams and embed the learning.
8. Carry out training with teams regarding claims as requested.
9. Ensure all claims are input on Datix and maintained.
10. Assist the Senior Datix Manager to write reports in relation to claims information asrequired.
11. Collaborate with peers to offer mutual support and development and ensure equitable distribution of work load.
12. To provide supervision to the Litigation Assistant.
13. To authorise travel expenses and payroll documentation.
14. Support the FOI/DPA Lead and Legal Services Co-ordinator as required, ensuring their work cover is covered during periods of leave.
15. Take on any additional tasks as required by line management.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Broad understanding of claims in the NHS and practical experience in NHS claims work
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Good understanding/knowledge of processing of freedom of Information and Data Protection Subject Access legislation
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels, including Directors and solicitors
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing both routine and complex information to staff I other agencies, at all levels
- Advanced IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other IT databases
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to analyse and interpret information
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to supervise and appraise staff
- Previous experience working in a claims environment or knowledge in this area, including compilation of witness statements and documentation compilation.
- Previous training/presenting experience
- Knowledge of issues facing the NHS
- Shares the Trust's Beliefs and models this in their attitude and behaviour
- Ensures that the organisational values of open, compassionate and empowering are demonstrated by self and others every day and that any matters of concern are addressed in a timely way, either directly or raised with the relevant Line Manager or through the relevant processes within the Trust as appropriate.
- Commitment to continuous development
- Problem solving ability
- Adaptable approach
- Positive and considered approach to the vast range of work issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel across sites and across Trust boundaries to attend meetings, etc.
- To work outside office hours if required
- To provide internal cover within the Directorate as necessary
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.