An exciting opportunity has arisen within Imperial College Healthcare Trust for an experienced self-motivated Senior Project Manager with extensive project management experience within the Healthcare (or similar), Engineering or Construction sector to be part of the Redevelopment Programme team.
As a Redevelopment Senior Project Manager, you will be required to work in a hybrid environment within a wider team. Your primary objective is the successful delivery of projects within specified time, cost, and quality parameters using best practice project management processes. This includes comprehensive oversight of the Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals redevelopment, where you manage overall project cost, schedules, and budgets.
Your role involves appointing and overseeing external professional consultants within approved budgets, utilising NEC4 and JCT contract forms to manage projects. You will play a crucial part in preparing specifications of work and contract documentation for tender processes, and contributing to the formulation of business cases for Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals.
Additionally, you contribute to long-term strategic plans for a project portfolio, assessing their impact against the Trust's overarching strategies.Main duties of the job
- To effectively implement project management processes to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and scope
- To manage overall project cost, schedule and budgets for Charing Cross (CXH) and Hammersmith Hospitals (HH) redevelopment work.
- To appoint and manage external professional consultants within an authorised budget as a Budget Holder.
- To analyse, track and effectively manage critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- To prepare specifications of work and necessary contract documentation for Tender.
- To participate in the preparation of Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospital business cases.
- To implement best practice project management and NEC4 contract administration to manage the Charing Cross (CXH) and Hammersmith Hospital (HH) redevelopment project.
- To manage external advisors and contractors to ensure scheme delivers Trust requirement
- To mitigate project risks and issues ensuring effective mitigating actions and solutions are implemented.
- To assist in the formulation of long term strategic plans for a portfolio of projects and assess the impact of these plans against the long-term strategies of the Trust.
- To have a lead role in commissioning and completion activities
- To provide line management duties for designated Project Manager(s).
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- A BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or construction disciplines
- End to End delivery of healthcare projects
- Membership of a professional institution such as APM, RICS or CIBSE
- At least five years practical experience in project management in a relevant construction or MEP environment.
- At least five years' experience in the Commissioning of new Health Service facilities in an NHS environment including design, specification, Project Management and Contract Administration.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant Health and Safety legislation and in particular the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Multi-stakeholder contract negotiation, procurement and management.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- High level literacy skills
- High analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity, e.g., around professional and managerial imperatives
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Healthcare Experience
- Ability and desire to learn new skills.
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations and LFCDA specifications
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.