Are you an RGN / RMN with experience working with adults with mental health problems? Perhaps you're an RGN / RMN looking to gain experience working on a Mental Health Acute Ward?
We're seeking a Band 5 Staff Nurse to join us on Heathfield Ward at the Department of Psychiatry. In this role you will assess, plan and implement care, carrying out specialist nursing procedures. You will provide clinical leadership, assisting the Charge Nurses and Ward Manager with running the Ward.
We are part of The Department of Psychiatry, set alongside Eastbourne's District General Hospital. The Department of Psychiatry has three on-site inpatient wards for adults with mental health problems Heathfield Ward, Amberley Ward & Bodiam Ward.
Heathfield Ward is an 18-bedded all-female integrated functional acute mental health ward, providing care for predominantly older aged adults.Main duties of the job
As a Staff Nurse on Heathfield Ward you will have opportunities to deliver patient-centred holistic care, working closely with OT's, psychologists and doctors in supporting patients in their recovery. You will be a vital part of our multi-disciplinary team undertaking detailed assessments of patients with complex mental health needs. You will be expected to administer and monitor medication.
Our team thrives on the high sense of job satisfaction we receive when helping people adjust and recover from acute mental health issues in the later stages of life.
You will provide clinical and managerial leadership on the ward, supervising junior staff and trainees and regularly taking charge of the clinical environment over a span of duty. We work closely with other teams and professionals to ensure the effective discharge of patients.
We work flexibly in order to meet the needs of our 24-hour service, to include evenings, nights and weekends. This brings increased pay rates as detailed below.About us
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Sussex
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the iconic Beachy Head and Seven Sisters National Park
- Known as 'The Sunshine Coast', Eastbourne offers a traditional Victorian seafront combined with the more modern Sovereign Harbour Marina
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
In order to be a successful Staff Nurse in our team you will:
- Be registered with the NMC as an RGN / RMN
- Have good experience of risk management
- Possess prior experience working with adults with complex mental health difficulties
- Be passionate about working with older adults with complex mental health difficulties
It would also be advantageous if you are:
- Have experience delivering a high standard of inpatient nursing care
You must be able to deliver a high standard of inpatient nursing care using excellent communication and relationship skills supporting patients, family and carers whilst providing clinical leadership to the team and acting as a primary nurse for patients on the ward.
You will be expected to carry out detailed assessments and risk assessment of patients developing care plans in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team whilst monitoring, evaluating and modifying treatments to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of their treatment.
You will liaise and work alongside other teams and professionals to ensure the effective discharge of patients whilst adopting a flexible approach to hours of duty meeting the needs of the service over a 24-hour period.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID. This post offers an incentive or relocation package up to the maximum of �4000 (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions). See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details. This position carries enhanced payments for unsocial hours, as stipulated by the Agenda for Change guidelines:
- Time plus 30%: All time on Saturday (midnight to midnight) and any week day after 8 pm and before 6 am
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role
- Professional qualification/Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant post qualifying experience relevant to the care group
- Clinical knowledge/experience
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dept of Psychiatry, Eastbourne DGH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.