At East Cheshire NHS Trust, we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance in sustaining happy and healthy colleagues. We are open and committed to supporting flexible working, have a varied Health and Wellbeing offer and are driven in supporting staff in both their personal and professional development.
We recognise the importance of working collaboratively with our staff and our community ensuring high quality patient-centred care is at the heart of all we do, and our local population receives the best care in the right place.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our acute team at East Cheshire NHS Trust on a bank contract.
We would love to hear from you if you are looking for an innovative and supportive team to gain experience and progress your career with.Main duties of the job
As a clinical specialist provide a high standard comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment service to acute medical and palliative care inpatients with complex presentation, working as an autonomous clinician, using accurate analytical skills and clinical reasoning to interpret assessment findings, making diagnoses where appropriate, identifying patient problems, setting goals, and providing an appropriate treatment plan and progression.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registration
- Relevant professional degree/dipolma
- Clinical educator training
- Attendance at degree level post graduate courses relevant to the specialist area e.g. communication, CBT, dementia or working towards this or be prepared to study at this level
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Post registration knowledge which is relevant to specialist area and evidenced by CPD
- Knowledge of recent NHS legislation, recommendations.
- Awareness of the national and local priorities and changing trends in specialist area.
- Ability to lead junior colleagues
- Advanced communication and listening skills
- Ability to make appropriate decisions at all levels
- Audit skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, achieving a balance between clinical and other clinical aspects of role
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive, takes own initiative
- Supportive team member
- IT skills
Specific Job RequirementEssential
- Proven post registration experience, some of which is in relevant setting/ associated area
- Experience of completing and contributing to audit/ research
- Experience of contributing to the teaching and mentoring of staff and members of the MDT
- Prior experience working in the NHS with a broad range of NHS rotations as an OT to include, medicine, orthopaedics
- Proven ability to manage complex rehabilitation care issues including dementia and ensure safe and timely discharge of patients
Other Role RequirementsEssential
- Car driver/ ability to demonstrate travel between sites
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Victoria Road, Macclesfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.