We are seeking a highly motivated HR professional to join our established team working as an HR Advisor.
The HR Advisor has a key role to play to assist in the provision of a professional, comprehensive, and pro-active HR advisory service to managers within the Trust.
The successful applicant will be required to provide advice, support and guidance to a range of managers at all levels. In addition, they will support the facilitation of formal meetings in line with a range of workforce policies.
The HR Advisor will be required to work as part of a wider HR Services team to support the delivery of team objectives in line with the Trust's People Plan and provide cover for colleagues as appropriate.Main duties of the job
Work with the HR Manager in supporting the Division with organisational change projects (including communications with staff side, facilitating 1:1 meetings with staff and advising on appropriate documentation).
Meet with managers on a regular basis to advise on appropriate actions for employees on long term sick and develop appropriate action plans to facilitate a return to work.
Conduct audits against the Attendance Management policy, referring non-compliance issues and seeking proactive ways to support line managers to make improvements within their team or department.
As appropriate, coach managers with a range of employee relations cases, such as: dealing with poor behaviour, attendance and performance. This may include attending meetings with the manager and/or the preparation of letters, reports or other documentation as appropriate.
Assist with specific HR related projects as required and assist in the development and delivery of training in a range of HR related topics.About us
All new colleagues can expect to receive a warm and friendly Wirral welcome from the very first time they make contact with us. We are described as competent and caring staff by our patients.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated on The Wirral peninsula which has a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside surroundings, with great activities for its residents.
We are one of the largest and busiest acute Trusts in the North West of England, comprising of the Wirral's only Emergency Department. We provide a high quality range of acute care services and employ over 6,000 staff, who serve a population of approximately 400,000 people across Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Neston, North Wales and the wider North West footprint.
We have approximately 855 beds trust-wide and our financial turnover is in excess of �337m.
The Wirral is easily accessible with excellent transport links including motorway, train, bus or ferry and within easy reach to the major cities of Liverpool, Chester and Manchester as well as neighbouring North Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As HR Advisor you will be involved in coaching managers to ensure consistent application of HR policies and procedures, with a key focus on attendance management and you will be responsible for ensuring that HR best practice is embedded, ensuring that high standards of performance are achieved and sustained.
We are interested in hearing from experienced HR Advisors who share our values and ambition and whose track record will demonstrate success, to support our future in creating a strong culture of compassionate care for our patients and our staff.
The HR Advisor will support HR Managers & Business Partners in responding to the issues that comes from working in a busy acute hospital. The successful candidate will be expected to provide comprehensive, professional and timely advice to managers in the Trust.
They will also provide specific HR advice and support on all HR issues to managers on all employment relations matters (including terms and conditions, employment legislation and Trust policy and procedure) referring complex or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
You will be CIPD qualified or equivalent. Candidates must have proven NHS experience of working in a large complex organisation, together with the ability to prioritise their own workload, whilst supporting a large number of managers.Person SpecificationOther RequirementsEssential
- Ability to work as part of a team in a pressurised environment with conflicting priorities
- Ability to deal with emotional staff who may be angry or upset
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues showing considerable tact and diplomacy
- Strong organisational skills
- Be able to build good relationships with colleagues, managers and staff side representatives
Qualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- Ability to travel between sites
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a HR role
- Qualified CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
- Experience of actively supporting managers in dealing with cases of sickness absence, disciplinary, grievances and poor performance
- Trained in agenda for change job evaluation
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Ability to foster good relationships with managers, trade union partners and colleagues of all levels
- Ability to maintain a well-organised workload and work environment and to prioritise appropriately
- Good level of understanding of UK employment legislation including TUPE
- Understanding of role and importance of trade union representatives
- Ability to influence managers whilst maintaining a good working relationship with them
- A good understanding of the principles of job evaluation
- Basic knowledge of NHS terms and conditions
- To demonstrate self-awareness and ability to seek support and guidance, escalating complex queries where appropriate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to deliver training to a high standard
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.