The opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Staff Nurses to join our team on the new short stay acute surgical ward. Ward 2 cares for patients with general surgical, urological, gastro and vascular problems. It is a fast paced, busy and an exciting ward to work on.
We work closely with SAU and general surgical downstream wards and utilise the surgical discharge lounge to enhance patient flow. We also work closely with a wide variety of the MDT to enhance patient care. We accept patients from SAU, AED and ICU.
Previous surgical experience is preferable, however, not essential. Newly qualified applicants will also be welcome. Applicants will need to show an interest in this area of practice and a commitment to the service in delivering quality and individual care to patients.
A structured preceptorship period of training and development will be provided with the support of a preceptor.The post holder will be responsible for assessment of care needs, the implementation and evaluation of care of surgical patients. This will include working closely with the multidisciplinary team involved in care of the patients.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, motivated staff with excellent communication skills to join our forward thinking and dynamic surgical team .You must have a passion for delivering kind and compassionate care and be willing to learn and develop within your role.Main duties of the job
An important aspect of the role will be promoting a positive, supportive working environment which values and supports staff. Good communication skills are essential and this will need to be demonstrated at interview. Individuals should be flexible and be able to demonstrate they are an excellent role model with the ability to develop positive and professional interpersonal relationships. Summary of most important Experience/Skills/Qualifications required:
You must be a registered RGN. The successful applicant must be reliable, punctual and be able to accommodate a flexible shift pattern. Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage time and prioritize workload along with the ability to work under pressure. Informal Enquiries to:
Emma Watson Senior sister, Ward 2, B.R.I. 01274 364417
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 29.11.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- UK Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) **PIN No/ CertificatesE
- Evidence of recent and Continuous Professional Development
- Relevant specialist training
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate and empathetic approach to work
- Ability to plan own time and that of junior staff, use own initiative and act independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills
- Capable of working within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to assess patient needs and plan, implement and evaluate care appropriately
- Good understanding of the fundamental aspects of nursing care: oNutrition and hydration oDignity and respect oPain management oMedications management oPressure area care oInfection control oSafeguarding Vulnerable People
- Good understanding of common conditions such as diabetes and dementia. Including the physical, psychological and emotional needs of the patient.
- Understands the limits of the job role. Has the knowledge to recognise situations that require reporting and demonstrates the ability to escalate to a senior person where appropriate.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of current National, Regional and Local nursing issues
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
BRADFORD HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.