As part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, Evelina London is there for children, young people and women from London to South East England and provides specialist care for families around the UK and across the world.
Every year, the number of children and young people Evelina London cares for, in our hospitals and throughout our local community, continues to grow. We support families from pre-conception, before birth, throughout childhood and into adult life.
Right in the heart of vibrant London, we benefit from excellent transport links, we have staff working here from the local areas, spanning across London, and further afield into the home counties.
Here is a snippet of what our staff say about us, and working here:
I have learnt what it means to be an outstanding nurse and I would like to contribute further alongside passionate and competent nurses.
The coronavirus pandemic made me realise the sheer dedication of my colleagues and their selflessness to put their patients before themselves, showing the level of integrity they all maintain.
Closing date: 28/11/2023
Interview date: 06/12/2023Main duties of the job
Would you like the opportunity to work in a world leading allergy service? We are looking to recruit a motivated and dynamic nurse to our passionate and friendly multidisciplinary allergy team one of the largest and most comprehensive in Europe.
We passionately believe in promoting care and compassion to all our patients and provide a holistic child and family-centred approach to all the children and young people in our care.
The successful candidate will work across both the day-care and outpatient settings to provide holistic care to children with a broad spectrum of allergic diseases including food allergy, allergic rhinitis, drug allergy, venom allergy and those requiring treatments such as immunotherapy.
You will be supported by the team to develop their allergy knowledge and clinical skills necessary for the role skin prick testing, spirometry, adrenaline autoinjector training, taking an allergy focused history and performing food and drug provocation challenges.
Alongside specialist training there will be opportunities to contribute to governance in monitoring the quality of nurse led care and audits, provide line management to junior members of the nursing team, contribute to guideline development and quality improvement projects.About us
At Evelina, we are reminded every day of how important life is, and how important it is to look after the health and wellbeing of our staff as they balance of responsibilities in and out of work. We are committed to supporting flexible working we want to support you to work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you.
We are committed to supporting professional development, and have excellent training and educational offerings. Recognising that looking after babies, children and young people is incredibly rewarding, but can also bring challenge we offer amazing resources to help support our staff's emotional wellbeing and resilience.
If you have what it takes to be an amazing Evelina Nurse, and have the appetite to join a forward thinking, positive environment, where aspiration and innovation are encouraged, we want you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will provide clinical supervision to other staff, students and may undertake research, lead clinical audits in own specialist area.
Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of services users, and always working in a manner that promotes dignity and human rights through the adoption of person centred care principles
- The post holder will be responsible for the assessment, planning and provision of specialist nursing advice and carries out specialist nursing procedures.
- Providing specialist nursing care to children and their families
- Supporting clinician led clinics- skin prick testing, family teaching and spirometry
- Performing food and drug provocation challenges, venom and aeroallergen immunotherapy alongside the senior nursing team
- Recognising and treating allergic reactions promptly and safely
- Safeguarding role- to act upon and/or escalate safeguarding concerns to appropriate team members
- Participating in teaching to families/junior staff adrenaline autoinjectors, inhalers, nasal sprays
- Upholding the trust values at all times
- Working within the NMC code at all times
- Administering and recording medications as per trust protocols
- Provide a leadership role model, demonstrate specialist knowledge, high standards of clinical practice and provide support or advice when necessary
Please see attached job description for full detailsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Mentorship/SSAP qualification
- BBSC/1st degree (health related) or equivalent qualification/training and experience nursing
- NMC registered children's nurse
- Evidence of leadership development
- Qualification in the field of allergy
- Post registration experience within the relevant specialty
- Supervision of junior staff
- Experience of teaching and assessing others in a clinical setting.
Values and behaviourEssential
- Demonstrate an awareness of clinical governance and risk management
- Demonstrates an understanding of audit and research based nursing practice.
- Evidence of leadership
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive information.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates trust values
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Evelina London, Guys and St Thomas' NHS Trust
Westminster Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.