The Trust is seeking to appoint one Senior Project Manager in a FIXED TERM post to deliver the projects identified within the ICT Capital Plan. The key areas of responsibility are:
Main duties of the job
- To ensure the successful implementation and delivery of ICT Infrastructure Capital Projects on time and within budget. All projects should be delivered in accordance with the scope and benefits stated in the outline and full business cases
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Programme of work are constituted so that assigned capital projects are delivered within agreed budget parameters, in a timely fashion and to appropriate quality standard
- Responsible for developing and tracking project plans, risks, financials using recognized structured project management methodologies
To ensure the successful implementation and delivery of ICT Capital Projects on time and within budget on behalf of the ICT Technical Architect/Head of PMO. All projects should be delivered in accordance with the scope and benefits stated in the outline and full business cases. To Provide detailed and comprehensive communications and documentation in technical project delivery including handover and documentation.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Specialist project management qualification (e.g. Prince 2 accredited or equivalent), complemented by evidence of practical application.
- Qualification in ITIL Service Management, Change Management.
- On-going professional development in project management field.
- Track record of delivering projects to time and budget, particularly within a hospital setting, and through the use of multi- disciplinary teams
- Experience in financial planning and monitoring.
- Project management experience, preferably in a healthcare IT environment, supplemented by experience within acute care project delivery.
- Experience implementing critical IT projects in an A& E setting.
- Knowledge of Cerner Millenium
- Good general understanding of technology and potential project issues arising from the use of different technology platforms in use across the Trust.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly developed knowledge of structured project management methodologies, gained through both formal training and practical experience.
- Able to manage project and financial resources effectively, motivating staff to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to use project planning tools (e.g. MS Project, Primavera, Artemis, PMW) effectively, with an in depth understanding of their capabilities.
- Able to carry out duties in a range of environments including clinical settings
- Able to interpret and advise on the impact of any IT policies (e.g. security) on a project-by-project basis.
- Strong supplier management skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.