We are looking to recruit an Operational Manager to the Women and Newborn Division who will work with the Divisional Director of Operations (DDO), Clinical Leads for Obstetrics and Gynaecology and the Senior Nursing and Midwifery Teams, to support the delivery of high quality Divisional performance and deliver the best care for service users.
The role will be diverse and varied, working across the specialities in the division, supporting the effective delivery of key operational targets and progressing services with strong operational function. We are looking for someone who has great organisational and interpersonal skills, who is passionate about patient centred care and who works well as part of the multidisciplinary team.
The role is for 18 months in the first instance.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service to service users for the Women and Newborn Division.
This role is responsible for the successful operational delivery of the obstetric and gynaecology service, ensuring a high standard of patient and clinical satisfaction.
The post holder will be involved in projects and initiatives as part of the Improving Together Programme across the division and be responsible with the Divisional Management Team for key performance targets which include RTT (referral to treatment), cancer waiting times, finance and audits. The post holder will be required to undertake information/project analysis and participate in relevant work streams and priorities for both the obstetric and gynaecology services.About us
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) is an innovative hospital with a proud heritage and over 250 years of experience behind us. Here we're driven to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone and have been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment we continue to provide for our patients and also our staff.
We are an acute Trust, rated Good by the CQC, with a track record of high performance providing regional and super regional specialist services such as: Burns, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Wessex Rehabilitation, Spires Cleft Centre and the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4000 staff.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. We think working here is pretty rewarding. You can access a range of NHS discounts, receive a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. On-site benefits include car parking (fee applies), leisure centre, day nursery and holiday play scheme.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, the city of Southampton is only a short train or car journey away or if you prefer the sea, Bournemouth is also accessible. Don't just take our word for it, why not explore what Salisbury has to offer by visiting www.experiencesalisbury.co.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full details of roles and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 5 GCESEs or O Levels, including: Maths & English
- NVQ 5 in Management or Administration or equivalent
- Diploma in Healthcare Management or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
- Management qualification
- Use of Lorenzo, CRIS, Power BI
- Experience in service and operational management/leadership at a senior level
- Strategic planning, business planning, project leading, service development implementation.
- Dealing with staff problems and patient complaints etc. at a senior level.
- Experience of coordinating & chairing meetings
- Experience of delivering training for staff from a range of professions.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with/within clinical specialties
- Experience of performance management
- Experience in developing Business Cases
- Experience of workforce planning and development
- Awareness of healthcare policy issues and Appreciation of the changing NHS environment
- Demonstrable knowledge ofPerformance Management ,Operational Management,Business planning ,Strategic Planning, Service Development, Personnel Management practices and policies, Risk Management
- Proven change management skills
- Team leader
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to be innovative and forward thinking
- Ability to facilitate involvement and ownership through the department.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex facts and situations
- Use of IT patient management Systems including, excel spreadsheets etc.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and understanding of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge and understanding of patient safety and risk management.
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.