The West Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS), based at Mill View Hospital is a Specialist Secondary Community Mental Health Service, providing multidisciplinary input in the form of Mental Health Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Support Workers, Consultant Psychiatrists, Graduate Mental Health Practitioners, and Psychologists/Psychological therapists. The West ATS team has close working relationships with Early Intervention Services, Specialist Personality Disorder Services, Urgent Care Services, Assertive Outreach Team, Rehabilitation Team and Inpatient/Acute Services. There is also a close connection with our primary care colleagues in the Wellbeing Services (including IAPT) and Third Sector organisations through triage and shared packages of support.
We are looking for an innovative and skilled Band 7 Lead Nurse/Cluster Lead for West ATS. The post holder will show a commitment to developing the cluster they are assigned in line with the National Framework for Community Mental Health, and demonstrate a drive to support the team's well-being and effectiveness, as well as providing senior nursing leadership to the team. This post offers the Trust's �4,000 Incentive for band 5-7 Nurses, and a relocation package up to a maximum of �8,000 (subject to terms and conditions).Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will need to have substantial clinical experience within a community mental health setting, demonstrate leadership acumen, and be able to work collaboratively across a range of partners.
You will have a strong sense of team work, be able to demonstrate how you have worked productively within a team, and describe the values that matter to you. You will need to embrace the use of performance measures to help to achieve agreed targets and support the team through supervision arrangements, to provide assurance around care planning, risk assessment and participation.
You will need to have a lot of initiative, creativity, flexibility, a good sense of humour, and to know how to engage with people to bring the best out of them. In return you will be offered comprehensive induction, supervision, access to coaching and Quality Improvement and the chance to join a friendly and caring team.
The post will include the coordination of referrals, allocations, delegation of clinical work and communication relating to a designated cluster team. The successful applicant will hold a limited caseload within an agreed job plan, provide supervision to staff and work closely with other cluster leads and team leaders to deliver a quality and safe service.About us
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Brighton:
- Be spoilt for choice with Brighton's iconic seafront, vibrant lanes and array of shops and attractions
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns on your doorstep
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the renowned Devils Dyke and South Downs National Park
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Please see the attached Job Description document for full details of the role and responsibilities. We welcome informal visits or discussions about the role - please contact Almas Channon, Service Manager on 07738 756954 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Evidence of CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience of and demonstrable achievement in relevant clinical practice
- Experience of providing professional support/supervision and motivation of staff
- Understanding of Health and Social Care Governance
- Experience of managing staff
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mill View Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.