The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre serves the population of Essex and its boarders, offering state of the art cardiac and thoracic services.Become a part of a forward moving, developing team. An exciting opportunity for a new Ward Manager is available within the Brook Suite private patient unit of the Essex Cardiothoracic Centre. Our department provides and facilitates a wide range of specialist surgeries and procedures in cardiac and thoracic surgery, incorporating preoperative assessment and cardiac and electrophysiology procedures. .
The successful applicant will be required to lead in the day-to-day running of the department & provide support to all services provided within it following induction & ongoing support. The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain good department management and organisational skills, act as a positive role model and provide an environment conducive to the support of qualified and unqualified staff whilst enhancing the patient's journey & experience.
You will provide leadership and professional support to the nursing team and effectively deliver an expert nursing service within the specialist area through role modelling and will participate in the strategic planning and operational delivery of private patient services services within the Trust, working collaboratively with the consultants responsible for the patients to ensure that the care provided is of the highest quality and seamless.Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be responsible for leading a nursing team
- Demonstrate advanced specialist skills/knowledge and expertise in clinical practice
- Have an advanced knowledge of cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery
- Take the lead on setting standards of patient care within the department
- Lead on setting, monitoring and maintaining quality of nursing team activities
- Ensure policy is adhered to with regard to all drug administration
- Be responsible for the day to day co-ordination/management of the Nash Basildon Private patient unit and Brook Suite nursing team
- Plan duty rotas to ensure the most effective utilisation of staff,
- Participate in disciplinary actions where appropriate
- Report and investigate accidents/incidents timely and investigate complaints and write reports as required
- Participate in, formal and informal teaching to all levels of staff within the department
- To act as a mentor as required
- Actively lead in student training
- Provide induction and orientation of new staff
- Ensure all equipment has been regularly maintained
- To ensure that the data is of good quality, accurate and relevant for purpose, where any processing of information takes place (paper records or electronically).
- Co-operate with the employer in ensuring that all infection prevention and control policies and procedures are complied with.
With a workforce of approximately 15,000 staff, we can now do more and go further in delivering health services to our local communities.
Our ambition is to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and well being of our patients, and provide a vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
Patients will experience improved care as well as fewer delays and cancellations. We are able to provide more once-in-a-lifetime specialist care region-wide. With our new trust size will come more opportunities for development, research, networking and innovation.
We aim to make the most of our skills and experiences so we can become the best we can be. As one organisation we will recruit the finest and retain more specialist staff due to more employment opportunities across our Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details regarding this opportunity, please see attached the job description and personal specification.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationknowledgeEssential
- Qualified RN
- Experience at a Band 6 level for a minimum of 3 years
- Cardiothoracic knowledge and experience
- Acute care or cardiac care course
- Teaching qualification
- Management experience
- CTC experience
- proven experience managing staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- previous management experience
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brook Suite, Nash Basildon private patient unit, The essex cardiothoracic centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.