Band 5 Staff Nurse - Critical Care
- Are you seeking an exciting newchallenge?
- Would you like the chance to join a dynamic team caring for the most critically ill patients and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge to provide care for Level 2 and 3 patients?
If you think you like the sound of this - there's more.....
Main duties of the job
- We are looking to recruitcommitted and self-motivated Band 5 nurses.
- We offer 8 weeks supernumerary status where you will be allocated a mentor and supervisor to work alongside - our structured induction programme helps prepare you for your critical care nursing career.
- We support staff in the completion of the nationally recognised Step competency booklets. We have our own in-house Critical Care course and support staff to complete the Critical Care post registration course.
If this sounds interesting - then you maybe you are the person we are looking for!
The Critical Care Unit at the UHNM is a 36-bedded, dedicated state of the art facility, which provides care for seriously ill patients from across a range of medical and surgical specialities including neurosurgery and major trauma as well as being one of the designated Major Trauma Centres within the West Midlands. We provide the highest standards of care for patients who have sustained traumatic brain and spinal injuries.
Critical Care prides itself by actively supporting all staff in their continued educational and professional development. We also provide all newly recruited staff with an excellent preceptorship period supported by our very own Practice Development team.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for providing high quality care and support to patients and families as part of the wider Critical Care team.
In order to fulfil the job role and learning requirements, and meet service needs, successful candidates will be required to work a full rotation on both days and nights.
If you are a dynamic, enthusiastic nurse with the ability to work well within a highly motivated team, and can deliver high quality nursing care we would like to hear from you.
There are limited full and part time positions available so be quick and apply today!
For further information see attached JD & PSPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st Level RN
- NMC Registration
- Evidence of further relevant study
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in Level 2/3 area
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.