Are you an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated Dietitian with a passion for Nutrition support and surgery ? Are you looking for a leadership opportunity within a rewarding and defined area of Dietetics or are you keen to develop into a leadership role with support?
If so we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our award winning Dietetic team in Hywel dda. We are a forward thinking and dynamic team, compassionate leadership is at the very core of what we do and we strive to ensure that our teams health and well being is prioritised.
This post involves being the clinical lead and expert in Nutrition support and surgery. You will carry a caseload of complex patients and will support other team members with managing complex cases. You will inform guidance and policy in the area of surgical nutrition support and will be involved in peri and preoperative nutrition support and parenteral nutrition ensuring pathways and processes aligned with this specialist area of Dietetics are informed. You will work closely with the wider dietetic teams, nutrition specialist nurses, dietetic assistant practitioners and the wider multi-professional team.
You will line manage delegated members of the Dietetic team and will also provide support into Bronglais hospital on a weekly basis. You will also support student training and education of dietetic assistant practitioners and support workers.Main duties of the job
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (six of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 29.11.2023Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Recognised Degree in Dietetics
- HCPC registered Dietitian
- Accredited post graduate study at masters level or equivalent
- Completed Clinical Supervisory skills training
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical knowledge within the specialist field gained through attendance on specialist courses / advanced training
- Established clinical problem solving skills
- Established critical appraisal skills
- Knowledge of current and emerging evidence base, national and professional policy and guidance in relation to acute nutrition support and surgery
- Masters level qualification relevant to specialist area of the role
- Completed formal motivational interviewing training
- Other professional technical or academic qualification which relate to practice or clinical leadership
- Broad and well established dietetic practice
- Extensive experience of adult nutritional support, clinically assisted nutrition
- Demonstrable clinical leadership
- Delegation to qualified and non qualified staff
- Significant experience of leading multi professional and multi-disciplinary team working
- Service development / quality improvement
- Leading clinical audit
- Delivering or supporting practice / service change
- Delivering clinical supervision
- Active engagement with student training
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of project management
- Additional clinical or health care related experience
- Experience in research
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Glangwili General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.