South Camden Community Team, Open Minded - CAMHS Highly Specialised Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist Band 8a, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, Fixed Term Post (0.6 WTE) for 13 months (Maternity Cover)
Are you looking for an opportunity tobuild on your experience and take on a more senior role? If so, wehave an exciting opportunity for an ACP registered Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist who has apassion for community CAMHS and innovative ways of working.
As one of the senior members of the team, you will work alongside senior staff and contribute to the team's development, as we continue to strive to be an accessible, responsive and innovative service with patient care and patient experience at its heart.
The post-holder will be joining a supportive, forward-thinking team who pride themselves on their commitment to the continual development and improvement of patient care.Main duties of the job
Youwill provide specialist clinical assessment and psychoanalytic psychotherapy treatment to children and young people. The work will include brief and longer-term treatments, clinical supervision on complex cases as well as clinical management responsibilities and consultation to practitioners both within and outside the Trust.
The post involves supervising and supporting child psychotherapists in doctoral training, working within the team.
You will hold a complex caseload and provide direct clinical input to children, young people and their families/carers. As a senior clinician you will be providing services to children and young people presenting with a high level of risk and complexity in a multi-agency environment. You will deliver CAMHS input in schools as part of the schools programme.About us
You will join the South Camden Community Team (SCCT), one of the two Camden CAMHS's Community Teams - Open Minded. We are a friendly multi-disciplinary team based in the diverse community of Camden. It is staffed by highly experienced clinicians and part of a large and vibrant Child and Family Department. You will have a senior role in the team, consisting of Systemic Psychotherapists, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapists, Nurses, a Consultant Psychiatrist and a large group of trainees from different disciplines undertaking clinical training at the Tavistock Centre.
We are proud to offer a dynamic, innovative and needs-led service. We have a varied caseload ranging from children and young people presenting with a high level of complexity and risk to those who require preventative interventions. We work closely with the multi-agency network and offer CAMHS input in schools. Camden CAMHS is one of the pilot sites for the Trailblazers' initiative, with new developments such as the clinical intake team, the 4-week-wait initiative and Mental Health Support Team offering interventions in schools.
You will join a large group of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists in the Trust and there will be a number of opportunities to develop your leadership and strategic skills with support from senior colleagues in the team as well as opportunities to join peer supervisionand other groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person specification for more information on the role requirements and duties.
If you are interested, please do feel free to contact Kathryn Fenton, Principal Child and Adolescent Psychotherapistkfenton@tavi-port.nhs.uk 0208 938 2700
Closing date: 12th October 2023
Provisional interview date: TBCPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Degree level as a minimum plus developed specialist and practical knowledge equating to postgraduate degree/ Masters level
- Registration with HCPC or relevant body as a Clinical Psychologist, Educational Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist, Social Worker, Nurse, Psychotherapist, or Systemic Therapist
- Evidence of clinical experience of working with client population. A clear track record of managing complexity and risk whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery
- A comprehensive understanding of the changing NHS and Social Care environment and the challenges they face
- Experience of working at all levels of the system with internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise of managing and treating the client group Some experience of clinical supervision
- Some experience of clinical management of staff
- Some experience of involvement in project work e.g. quality improvement
- High level of skill and knowledge in safeguarding and risk management
- Personal duty of care in relation to equipment or resources
- Basic keyboard skills for updating client records
- Ability to manage own clinical case load
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES (demonstrable)Essential
- Willingness to contribute to strategic and business planning
- Skills for assessing and communicating complex client conditions and applying appropriate clinical treatments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate equality, diversity and inclusion awareness and application of EDI issues
- Proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet Services needs
Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tavistock and Portman Open Minded - CAMHS Directorate
Ampthill Square 219 Eversholt Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.