This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the Croydon Right Care Team as a Flow Advanced Practitioner across the Acute and Crisis pathways in Croydon. The post is open to qualified mental health nurses, social workers or occupational therapists.
The Flow Advanced Practitioner will communicate daily with The Trust's Right Care Team and Acute Referral Centre (ARC) and respond to requests for assessments in the Emergency Departments. You will provide a rapid assessment to patients within the Emergency Department and general hospital wards where admission is being considered. The aim of the role is to ensure that any unnecessary admissions are avoided and all least restrictive options have been comprehensively explored. You will also provide timely assessments to patients who are admitted to acute psychiatric inpatient ward to ensure that discharge is facilitated at the earliest opportunity.Main duties of the job
As a FLOW practitioner you will be based within the local Home Treatment Team and will need to have a good understanding of how acute, CMHT and crisis services interface.
The post-holder will have expert knowledge of alternatives to inpatient admission and be highly skilled in delivering brief interventions to manage the mental health crisis in the least restrictive way. The post-holder will need to work within the available resources and be aware of current activity on the inpatient wards, CMHT and the Home Treatment Service. As a band 7 practitioner the post-holder will provide senior advice and support to the Home Treatment team, inpatient ward and CMHT on a shift by shift basis promoting safe and confident decision making and managing acuity safely. The post holder will need to maintain excellent communication and working relationships with all staff across the Directorate.
This is a diverse and multifaceted role and you will need to have substantial post-registration experience in relevant care settings. You will need to promote a culture of positive risk taking and be able to challenge decisions that are not in the best interests of service users. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication ability across a wide range of professionals and services.
The post holder will be based at the Bethlem Royal Hospital.About usBenefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease,our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation,our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your applicationJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To ensure least restrictive options are thoroughly considered for all patients presenting to the Liaison Service where admission is being considered.
- To ensure timely assessment of patients who are admitted to an acute ward with a view to enabling discharge at the earliest opportunity.
- To undertake comprehensive psychiatric and risk assessments of service users in line with policy standards
- To ensure capacity is assessed and safe treatment and care is delivered to those who may lack capacity.
- To rapidly and continuously evaluate the patients changing condition and response to therapeutic interventions and modify the plan of care for optimal patient outcome.
- To assess high risk or complex patients to provide management advice and appropriate clinical interventions
- To operate within the legal requirements of the Mental Health Act and be able to exercise independent judgement in the assessment and diagnosis of mental health conditions.
- Maintain relevant clinical and pharmaceutical knowledge, critically appraise and apply information in practice
- To liaise with carers, incorporating their views in clinical formulation and management
- To ensure appropriate lone working practices
Please see greater detail in the attached JD and specification CovidVaccination Requirement
The Government has formally announced it is pausing the regulations requiring specific healthcare sector roles to be fully vaccinated (1st & 2nd dose) againstCOVID-19, subject to government consultation.This post has been identified as in scope for the regulations and shouldthisremaina legal requirementafter the consultationand Parliamentaryprocess, you will be required to provide your vaccination status or proof of medical exemption.We encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence againstCOVID19.Person SpecificationQualification/EducationEssential
- Recognised Professional Qualification in Nursing (RMN), Social Work (Dip SW/CQSW) or Occupational Therapy
- Masters degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Skills / AbilitiesEssential
- Recognised leadership qualification or equivalent mangement experience
- Good time management skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to rapidly analyse complex issues/problems, gather relevant information and exercise sound judgement in reaching the most appropriate conclusions.
Knowledge / experienceEssential
- Physical health examination skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current issues in specialty
- Experience and knowledge of quality, standard setting and audit
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bethlem Royal Hospital
Monks Orchard Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.