Supporting the Performance and Information Service Manager/s the post holder will actively contribute to the collective leadership provided by the Performance and Information Management team. They will create and evolve a culture of continuous service improvement and personal development within the Data Quality and Clinical IT Systems Training team. The role will provide direct support to the Service Manager and deputise accordingly.
The EPR Programme Team is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the new EPR system. The post holder will also play a key role in the implementation of the EPR across Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (STH). The post holder will provide leadership and practical support to the Performance and Information teams to take forward improvements and new ways of working, enable successful service transition, drive operational change and help realise the qualitative and quantitative benefits available with a fully integrated electronic patient record.
The Assistant Service Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day data quality and training and project support services and, in collaboration with the Service Managers, will ensure that resources are available and deployed to provide high standards of service. The Assistant Service Manager will provide line-management and leadership to all staff for whom they have responsibility.Main duties of the job
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for the main duties of the role.
This vacancy is advertised on a fixed term contract basis for a period of 15 Months, until 9 February 2025. The fixed term contract status of the post holder will be reviewed in accordance with the Trust's legal obligations regarding fixed term contracts and the management of organisational change.
Please also note any secondment must first be agreed with your current line manager.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post.
When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Qualification in management eg ILM, MBA including operations management and customer service
- Post graduate qualification
- Experience of leading and managing a service ideally within the NHS or wider healthcare sector
- Experience of building a team and developing a strong customer service and continuous improvement culture
- Experience of capacity planning staff and other resources
- Experience of resourcing, training and managing the performance of staff in line with HR policies
- Evidence of managing challenging behaviour
- Experience of delivering targets, service level agreements and deadlines through at team
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholder relationships concurrently
- Experience of service redesign and change management
- Experience of project management and service developments
- Evidence of prioritising workload and excellent time management skills - ability to prioritise, get things done and work unsupervised in a pressurised environment
- Knowledge and experience of learning and using a wide range of digital systems
- Exceptional leadership, Interpersonal skills and resilience
- Proactive and solution focussed in all aspects of your role
- The ability to engage and motivate large groups of staff going through change
- Solution orientated and a tenacious approach to problem solving
- Mentally agile to switch between tasks and adaptable to differing stakeholder requirements
- Insightful and able to critically evaluate information to diagnose and solve problems
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise own workload and that of a team
- Able to communicate verbally and in written form with large groups of staff
- Demonstrable self-awareness, an understanding of impact on others and an ability to manage self and maintain professional conduct in sometimes difficult and challenging situations
- An ability and interest in coaching staff to improve performance
- An interest in and aptitude for technology and innovation
- Excellent IT Skills
- A commitment to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace and in service delivery and development
- Understand the importance of information governance, security & confidentiality
- In depth knowledge and expertise in the Trust's EPR system
- Knowledge of other Trusts systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to work including hours and location
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Adhering to all relevant Trust policies and procedures
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.