An opportunity has arisen for the new role of Group Director of Assurance to join a new NHS Group - Our Group is one of the largest acute and community Group arrangements in the NHS, with a budget of over �1.3 billion.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (HUTH) and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (NLAG) have significant ambitions and are committed to delivering more together for the 1.5 million people we serve.
Our two trusts have been working in collaboration to review our services and to identify how we can better provide those services across our complex geography for the benefit of our patients. Our focus is on ensuring we improve clinical outcomes, reduce inequalities of access and address the workforce challenges that we face.
What a unique and exciting time to join us!
We are now looking for a Remarkable Person to join our Extraordinary Place at this pivotal time. We are looking for a Director to join us who can drive and align effective corporate governance, assurance and decision-making throughout the Group.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Director who is passionate about building up best practice within corporate governance and assurance in the Group.Main duties of the job
This is an excellent corporate governance portfolio to manage, as the two NHS trusts in the Group remain legally separate, and therefore this role needs to help navigate statutory compliance and assurance for two legal entities, whilst providing a service at Group Trust Boards in Common, and Committees in Common.
This role would best suit a dynamic individual who can keep ahead of best practice and promulgating it within the Group, as well as bringing in best practice from across the NHS and the wider public sector.
This person needs to be driven to meet, and surpass, the needs of our patients and be grounded in overcoming the challenges of our Group's current regulatory outlook.
Applicants will require exceptional leadership qualities, a commercial acumen, strong relationship management skills, a strong business understanding and credibility. You will be passionate about improvement and influencing change, you will be a natural leader who will facilitate and support collaborative working both internally and externally to the Group.
You will be report directly to both the Group Chief Executive and Group Chairman providing expert advice to the Group on all corporate governance and assurance matters. You will ensure the Group continues to meet all relevant regulatory and statutory responsibilities and best practice requirements including compliance with the Code of Governance for NHS Providers, NHS Provider License and Well Led Framework.About us
As Company Secretary to the board, you will oversee and manage the Group's statutory and legal obligations, including boarding meetings and governance documents. You will support the Group Chief Executive in fulfilling their Accountable Officer responsibilities with respect to good governance and in maintaining the highest standards of prudence, propriety and regularity.
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
You can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the post by assessing your circumstances against criteria specifiedon the gov.uk websiteJob descriptionJob responsibilities
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages. Interviews will take place w/c 27th November 2023Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Qualification relevant to the role e.g. company secretary qualifying law qualification or relevant comparable health audit/assurance experience
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Substantial experience at Board level in a complex, organisation including experience of working within a Board and board committee environment
- Successful development and implementation of governance and risk management standards in an NHS organisation
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of health policy and the structure and workings of the NHS in particular the requirements of corporate governance & assurance and the interface with other organisational governance & assurance requirements e.g., quality governance, financial governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High quality report writing skills
- Must possess patience, tact and diplomacy
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Primary base Hull Royal Infirmary, with requirement to work across all group sites on a schedule.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.