Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the jobAn opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic nurse to join the Rheumatology research team based at the Royal Free Hospital. We are looking to recruit a band 6 Clinical Research Nurse who will work alongside the Band 7 Research Nurses.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of clinical trials. This will include being responsible for supporting patient identification, recruitment, and subsequent treatment, care and follow up of research patients. You will be an experienced Clinical Nurse with excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen attention to detail. You will need to be adaptable, confident and able to prioritise a combination of diverse demands on your time and be able to work autonomously.
You will be involved in all aspects of clinical trials in Rheumatology. Whilst clinical trials experience in this area is desirable, training in these areas will be provided. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, as is an ability to work flexibly both independently and within a team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic nurse to develop their skills and enhance their career in clinical research.
This post is initially offered on a one year fixed term basis but is likely to be extended.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation & professional QualificationsEssential Desirable
- Completed/working towards teaching/mentorship qualification
- Completed/working towards degree in the speciality or related field
- Experience of explaining complex concepts to patients in a clear and simplified manner
- Significant post registration experience
- Experience of formal/ informal teaching of patients and staff
- Experience in delivering evidence based practice
- Experience of acting as a patient advocate
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Experience working as a preceptor/facilitator
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven effectiveness as working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates ability to prioritise workload
- Demonstrates ability to work under own initiative
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of audit/quality
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Proven ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.