An exciting and innovative opportunity has arisen in Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Memory Assessment services operating in North West Sussex. We are looking for a Non-Medical Nurse Prescriber to support the further development of our multidisciplinary team, working collaboratively with other agencies to ensure the best outcomes for people using the service.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the timely assessment of patients referred with undiagnosed and diagnosed conditions. The post holder will work across community and clinic settings, completing specialist mental health assessments, delivering diagnosis and developing pharmacological treatment plans, as an autonomous practitioner in accordance with national guidance and Trust policy. This post offers an incentive or relocation package up to the maximum of �4000 (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions).Main duties of the job
We want our patients to receive the best possible care, so we are looking for people with the right attitude and values someone who is passionate about providing high quality, person centred care to people living with dementia and their family and friend carers someone who is caring, compassionate and a good communicator.
As a Non- Medical Nurse Prescriber in our service you will work as an integral part of our multi-disciplinary team, where you will have support through an allocated Consultant Psychiatrist as your clinical supervisor and training opportunities to enable your own continued professional development and revalidation.About us
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns there's always new experiences to be enjoyed
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
As a Non-Medical Nurse prescriber, the post holder will be responsible and accountable for the timely assessment of patients referred to the service with undiagnosed and diagnosed conditions.
The post holder will lead and manage a prescribing and clinic service in collaboration with the Consultant Psychiatrists in the team.
The post holder will ensure that patients receive appropriate investigation, intervention and treatment with minimal avoidable delays, whilst ensuring the quality and experience of care.
To be responsible for completing specialist mental health assessments and developing pharmacological treatment plans as an autonomous practitioner and to monitor interventions, ensuring compliance in accordance national guidance and Trust policy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health)
- Educated to degree level or ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge
- Evidence of post registration qualification as nurse independent/supplementary prescriber, recorded by NMC
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial experience of working in mental health services
- Ability to assess and implement a range of evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Skilled in risk management
- Proficient in multi-agency working
- Able to demonstrate ability to work autonomously and manage a complex caseload
- Evidence of providing clinical supervision
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
New Park House/ Linwood
Horsham/ Haywards Heath
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.