Do you have a background in Facilities Management with a desire to help ensure that our service continues to grow and evolve to meet the needs of our unique trust in Somerset?
As Accommodation Planning Manager in our Strategic Projects Team, you'll lead on Space Management and Utilisation of Estate within our Acute, Community and Mental Health Settings. You'll provide advice and guidance to teams on Workplace regulations and best use of space to support and empower Directorates within their own sphere's of influence and to develop and plan additional accommodation requirements when needed.
You'll have a holistic overview of the estate ensuring that new projects or initiatives take full account of all changes and the Trusts Development Control Plans. Working along with the Acute Services Asset Manager to manage the Trusts Accommodation Planning Group ensuring that guidance and direction is received from Executive leads.
This is an exciting multi-faceted role, requiring someone with enthusiasm and commitment to develop relationships within all departments across the Trust at various levels including acute services from Yeovil District Hospital, Musgrove Park Hospital and community services across Somerset, services from our 13 community hospitals, mental health and learning disability services across the county, and a quarter of the county's GP surgeries.Main duties of the job
- provide an overview and expertise on all space utilisation matters, providing solutions to how our buildings are utilised.
- ensure that the requests for additional space are prioritised in line with the Trust strategic and operational priorities.
- develop clear synergy with the Director of Redevelopment and Major Capital Projects, Community and Mental Health Asset Manager and Acute Services Asset Manager to ensure that the newly merged Trusts create an Estates Strategy developed from Clinical Service models.
- develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with internal and external customers to support the delivery of efficient, cost-effective services. (Trust lead for One Public Estate)
- work with Infection Prevention and Control team to minimise and/or mitigate Infection risks in relation to accommodation.
- Work with Estates Fire Safety team to minimise and/or mitigate fire risks in relation to accommodation.
- liaise with external stakeholders, maximising the opportunities for partnership working, both with the independent sector and with NHS commissioners and providers, to ensure that resources across Somerset and beyond are used to their optimal level.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information, as well as a full list of duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsDesirable
- BSc or equivalent in Facilities Management or a Built Environment and or healthcare related subject (if not achieved evidence required of working towards this academic level)
- Leadership specific training
- Member of Professional Institution
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft office products including, word, excel, powerpoint, access and Project knowledge of the various functions / discipline of FM:
- Understanding of legislation relating to FM functions and built environment
- Understanding of NHS construction and procurement processes
- In depth knowledge of ERIC PAM software.
- Leading a team through cultural change
- Proven experience in management within the Health Care Sector Facilities related field
- Previous experience of managing budgets
- Multi Site management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Interpreting high level policy into service strategies
- Business planning and production of business cases
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Yeovil District Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.