Dorset County Hospital offers the opportunity to work on acute inpatient wards and assessment units outpatient clinics and in rehabilitation facilities including community rotations in partnership with Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust.
Our 4 month rotational posts include a wide variety of specialties including:
Main duties of the job
- Older Persons Wards
- Neurotherapy (Acute Stroke and Neuro)
- Stroke Rehab Unit (including Neuro)
- Orthopaedics (Elective & Trauma)
- Front of house (Emergency Department & older people's assessment unit)
- Acute Care (Respiratory, Surgery, Medicine and Intensive Care)
- Respiratory Medicals/ Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal outpatients (as part of Band 5 Inpatient rotation)
- Integrated Community Rehabilitation (Dorset Health Care) - In development
- Acute Oncology (Macmillan Team) - In development
- Integrated Community Rehabilitation - Community
- Integrated Community Rehabilitation - Community Hospital
As a Rotational Band 5 we can offer you:
- Band 5 to Band 6 accelerator programme opportunities
- A one-year post graduation Preceptorship Programme
- A wide range of experience in rotations available across Acute hospital sites, and into the community through our collaborative partnerships and Discharge to Assess pathways.
- Profession specific training
- Continuing Professional Development and Training opportunities
- The opportunity to learn from highly skilled therapists within collaborative therapy teams
- Supportive, friendly therapy teams
- Peer support from existing Band 5s
- Clinical supervision
- Values based Appraisal
- An opportunity to help shape services
At DCHFT, we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our patients, and on the culture, we are creating for our staff. We work hard to create a fair, inclusive environment for our staff
Our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them, and our vision is Dorset County Hospital, working with our health and social care partners, will be at the heart of improving the well-being of our communities.
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our DCHFT Job Description and Person Specification (attached) tells you all about this role, what to expect and what is needed to succeed. When completing your application please make sure to tell us how your experience and skills fit the person specification.
Please contact us at Recruitment@dchft.nhs.uk if you are unable to view or download the attachment.
For all our roles, we are looking for staff who hold our Trust Values of Integrity, Respect Teamwork and Excellence, and who are passionate about providing the best patient care. To read more about our Trust and our Values search Dorset County Hospital online.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TREssential
- Diploma or Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Registered as a Physiotherapist with The Health Professions Council.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- CSP member
- Relevant Healthcare courses
- The ability to discuss clinical reasoning in the management of cases
- The ability to identify and act upon adverse clinical signs
- Able to communicate complex information to patients, carers other health professionals and team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good time management skills with ability to organise, prioritise and delegate.
- Ability to self direct learning, be critical and evaluate own learning needs, demonstrated in a CPD portfolio.
- Able to provide a high standard of clear concise, written and verbal reports in English
- Good presentation skills
- IT skills, including using hospital data bases, word processing, excel, email and power point
- Ability to manage own stress and work in a stressful and unpredictable environment. To show empathy and fairness to give support to others
- Demonstrates excellent motivational skills
- A broad range of undergraduate experience in all core specialities of Physiotherapy
- Experience and ability to work collaboratively within MDT
- Previous experience at band 5 level
- Experience of clinical practice in an NHS environment
- Experience of participating in audit and evidence based projects.
- Evidence of actively participating in in-service training and MDT groups, and evaluating effectiveness of training
- Research experience.
- Experience in managing limited resources and high workloads
- An understanding of evidenced based practice pertaining to Physiotherapy
- Awareness of national guidelines and standards relevant to Physiotherapy
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implication for Physiotherapy
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities of the profession
- Awareness and understanding of NHS structure, current issues and developments
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self motivated with a clear understanding of role
- Demonstrate professional independence
- Work across sites in a flexible manner and adapt to changing environments
- Available for on-call, weekend duties and altered working patterns where clinically appropriate
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.