At University Hospitals Dorset we have a unique opportunity for you to join a dynamic and exciting musculoskeletal therapy workforce as a trainee advanced practice physiotherapist. Salary:
Band 7 (with progression to Band 8a upon successful completion of the ACP apprenticeship) The ACP apprenticeship takes 3 years to complete.
This position is twinned with a funded advanced clinical practice apprenticeship with one day a week dedicated to completing the apprenticeship.
This job role will involve using highly developed clinical reasoning skills in the assessment and treatment of a predominantly spinal physiotherapy caseload. The successful candidate will be responsible for the clinical leadership of the MSK therapy team in a spinal domain, including the education, training and mentorship of more junior staff. Benefits:
- Competitive salary at Band 7, with progression to Band 8a upon completion of the ACP apprenticeship.
- Structured apprenticeship program designed to accelerate your career development.
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and further skills development in spinal care.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment within a leading healthcare institution.
Primarily based at Christchurch Hospital with a share of the team lead role with existing staff. Once transitioning into the 8a role this role will require more cross site working.Main duties of the job
We encourage applications from both ambitious and experienced clinicians who are dedicated team players and deeply committed to delivering high-quality, patient-centred services.
In this role, you'll provide your clinical expertise within Enhanced Practice spinal clinics, where you'll play a key role in determining the most appropriate course of action for patients' care within a predominantly spinal caseload.
You will utilise your clinical reasoning skills to conduct comprehensive assessments of patients' presenting issues, interpret examination findings, develop working and differential diagnoses, and create, communicate, and implement management plans. These plans will be tailored to meet the individual needs, goals, and preferences of patients while also considering the availability of local services and adhering to relevant local and national guidelines and policies.
You will be responsible for the supervision, training and education of the more junior physiotherapy workforce in the delivery of spinal rehabilitation.
As you progress with your apprenticeship and towards your advanced practice role, your job will give opportunity to reflect practice across all 4 pillars of advanced practice with responsibilities in service development and quality assuring the MSK spinal service, and involvement in research.About us
Christchurch hospital has recently benefited from a million-pound refurbishment, providing two physiotherapy gyms, as well as number of physiotherapy consulting rooms. The site boasts excellent staff changing facilities, cycling to work is encouraged with secure bike storage.
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued teammates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
This means that some services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are open to applications from both aspirational and established clinicians who are team players and passionate about delivering quality, patient centred services. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more or visit us in person. Main Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities: Clinical Excellence: Engage in high-quality patient care, focusing on the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of a predominantly spinal caseload.
Education and Training: Lead the spinal physiotherapy team, including the mentorship and guidance of junior staff. Actively participate in the education and development of the team.
Research and Innovation: Contribute to ongoing research and service development, and stay updated with the latest advancements in spinal care. Implement evidence-based practices to optimise patient outcomes.
ACP Apprenticeship: Dedicate one day per week to your ACP apprenticeship program, which is integrated with your job. This apprenticeship is your pathway to progressing from Band 7 to Band 8a upon successful completion.
Upon successful completion of the ACP apprenticeship, your job would progress into a Band 8a role with the job title of Advanced Practice Physiotherapist in Spinal Rehabilitation and will be responsible for the clinical governance of spinal physiotherapy across all University Hospital Dorset sites and across all 4 pillars of advanced practice. This role requires current registration with relevant professional body Base Location: Christchurch and Poole Hospital Interview Date: TBCPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current registration with relevant professional body.
- Recognised mentoring qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant post-graduate specialist Musculoskeletal course(s)
- Level 7 Post registration/post-graduate qualification.
- Management and/or Leadership course relevant to healthcare environment.
- Supplementary or Independent prescriber
- Demonstrable experience of managing patient's care at an enhanced level of practice with specific knowledge and skills in a field of expertise within the musculoskeletal context
- Experience of supervising, teaching, mentoring and developing staff.
- Experience of managing change as part of service and practice development.
- Experience of participation in research and development or leading clinical audits in own specialist area.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable specialist experience in the management of patients with complex spinal aetiology
- Experience working as a team leader
- Publication / Conference experience
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospitals Dorset - All Sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.