We have an exciting Band 6 Secondment opportunity within Bradfords Early Intervention Psychosis Hub for either a Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker in the specialist assessment team as a Care Coordinator. This is a full time post (37.5 hours per week) we would be open to applicants wanting to work 30 hours per week upwards.
The Early Intervention hub is a dynamic nationally recognised top performing service based at Culture Fusion in the centre of Bradford. The successful applicant will join an experienced, established team of supportive specialist mental health professionals and will work closely within a MDT framework.
The role has a focus on specialist assessment for first episode psychosis and those at risk of developing psychosis (At Risk Mental States) across the Bradford and districts. The successful applicant will work alongside individuals, carers and support networks to support and understand needs and offering supportive interventions during the period of care.
The Early Intervention service is committed to the support of staff with regular clinical and caseload management supervision, protected caselaods and a culture of learning and ongoing progression.
Closing date: 3rd Dec 2023
Shortlisting: 4th Dec 2023
Interviews: 13th Dec 2023 (this may be subject to change)
If you would like to find out more about the role you can call Elly Holliday Team Leader on 01274 221 021Main duties of the job
Multidisciplinary Team Working with a focus on assessment and support for individuals at risk of or presenting with emerging first episode psychosisAbout us
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Professional qualification in mental health nursing, social work, occupational therapy.
- Experience of care co-ordination in a mental health service.
- Experience of working with adults and/or young people and children with serious mental health problems
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of CPA and Care co-ordination
- Experience of working in an Early Intervention Service/specialist psychosis service
- Experience of working in a mental health team where assessment is the primary focus
- Experience of working with people who use/ misuse substances
- Knowledge of Early Intervention in Psychosis
- Understanding of the population within the Bradford and Airedale area and its specific needs. Understanding of the specific service user group of people with suspected first episode of psychosis
- Care Planning co-ordination
- Risk Management
ATTITUDE / APPRAOCHEssential
- Use of formal assessments, especially the CAARMS assessment.
- Skills required for engaging with people from BME communities
- Community language skills
- Demonstrates values and attitudes necessary for modern mental health practice in an EIP service
- Able to integrate and work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Car User
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and respect for diversity
- Willingness to receive supervision and undergo further training and
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements for the post (with reasonable adjustments if necessary)
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
125 Thornton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.