We seek a dynamic and enthusiastic Children and Young People's Occupational Therapist to join a well-established, professional, warm, and welcoming team in Camden. The CYP's Occupational Therapy service offers a high-quality service to all children aged from 0-19 in Camden.
The Royal Free London has an extensive offer for upskilling staff in clinical areas, Leadership, and Quality Improvement providing excellent opportunities for learning, development, and networking opportunities, appropriate for all Band levels. Our highly skilled team will support the candidate in developing their clinical skills further via supervision and support, as well as external training to areas of interest for the candidate and the service.Main duties of the job
The CYP's OT service offers a high quality service to all eligible children, aged from birth to school leaving age, who live or attend school in Camden or who are registered with a Camden GP. The service covers more than 50 primary and secondary schools, special schools and units, nurseries and children's centres.
The caseload is varied and there is much opportunity to further develop specialist skills in the areas of neurodisability, DCD and ASD.
The post holder will be part of the multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for delivering an OT service for children with a wide variety of diagnoses including assisting the team with diagnosis through assessment, planning, and provision of treatment.
In addition to a clinical workload, the post holder will be responsible for the development and leadership of the service. With support from other senior staff, they will review and develop process maps in line with best practice evidence, identify areas for service development, and support implementation of Quality Improvement projects. They will directly supervise members of the team, run team meetings, identify gaps in knowledge, and support with CPD.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be responsible for an allocated specialist caseload, providing high-quality Occupational Therapy and effective case management to school aged children and their families in mainstream schools, special schools, and the childs own home within the Camden area.
- To undertake specialist occupational therapy assessment of children with complex and varied special needs through interview, standardised assessment, objective examination and clinical observations.
- To work effectively and flexibly within an interdisciplinary framework to provide goal orientated therapy programs for children
- To work as part of a flexible OT service and a wider multidisciplinary team in a variety of settings.
- To be actively involved in planning, monitoring and implementing clinical service policies and care pathways.
- To deliver all Occupational Therapy services in line with the professional body (College of Occupational Therapists), and Departmental policies and standards, thereby being professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own work.
Please see Job Description attached to the rolePerson SpecificationValuesEssential
Education & professional QualificationsEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- Degree in Occupational therapy
- Member of RCOT
- HPC Registration
- Evidence of CPD including attendance at appropriate postgraduate, specialist short courses relevant to paediatric OT -o Autism -o Assessment / Treatment in Paed OT
- Post-graduate training in relevant courses such as: -o CO-OP -o Sensory Integration -o Coaching for Occupational Performance -o Assessment & treatment of CYP with complex needs
- Member National Association of Paediatric Occupational Therapists CYPF
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Experience in paediatric OT in a variety of settings including schools, community and/or hospital
- Previous experience of OT service development
- Experience of audit/research
- Experience in developing and providing training to others, both within OT and multidisciplinary
- Experience of supervision and willingness to further develop supervisory skills
- Experience of supervision of students
- Extended knowledge of Autistic Spectrum Disorders and related paediatric conditions and associated Occupational Therapy approaches
- Knowledge of physical disabilities related to paediatric conditions and
- Experience of a wide range of assessment and treatment tools used in OT for children
- Knowledge of wider development issues including OT modernisation and NHS reforms
- Knowledge of clinical governance and its implications for service, including experience of quality issues and audit
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Knowledge of statutory responsibilities including process of statementing for special educational needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of core OT skills
- Knowledge of Paediatric OT skills
- Effective presentation skills / IT skills
- Demonstrate extended understanding of the role of OT within different client groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to prioritise workload using time management skills
- Ability to carry out moderate to intense physical effort throughout the working day and carry out concurrent activities
- Motivated to work collaboratively with MDT and Multi-agency
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kentish Town Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.