Are you a caring and compassionate Radiographer looking for a fresh or new opportunity? Or are you a Radiography student due to qualify in 2024? *This post is based at Aintree University Hospital*
Aintree University Hospital, part of the merged Liverpool University Hospital Foundation Trust, are looking for enthusiastic radiographers, either qualified or soon to qualify, who are looking for a great place to be able to develop their careers.
We provide a comprehensive preceptorship programme for newly qualified radiographers, which will support you in your transition from student to band 5. You will receive dedicated training in all areas of the department as well as shadowing another radiographer whilst gaining experience on the shift rota.
This is an exciting time to join our team, as the Major Trauma Unit for the area, we have a busy Emergency Department and excellent patient pathways enabling you to be able to follow patients through their care journey. Following the merger with the Royal Liverpool there has been a reorganisation of services which will see the opening of a Hyperacute Stroke unit and transfer of vascular imaging and major general surgery to the Aintree site which will develop the scope of work that we will regularly be involved in.Main duties of the job
You will be part of a dedicated team and supportive MDT that consists of Doctors, Radiographers, Assistant Radiographic Practitioners, Nurses & HCA's, all working together to provide our patients with excellent care.
You will undertake imaging examinations in line with department operational procedures and policies to produce high quality diagnostic images whilst delivering a high standard of patient focussed care.
You will rotate through areas such as A& E, in-patients, outpatients, GP, as well as theatre and mobile imaging.
Ability to participate in the full shift rota which covers the provision of 24 hour Radiography service 365 days per year is essential. This rota includes a combination of long days, nights and 8hr day shifts plus a commitment to a 2nd On Call rota is essential.
Due to the increasing demands on our service, we offer opportunities for staff to develop their skills and support our radiographers to develop professionally. We offer educational rotation opportunities through Fluoroscopy and Interventional Radiology where radiographers receive initial training to be able to complete cases and lists on their own.
We are currently training radiographers to provide an NG tube reporting service and we encourage the use of radiographer commenting for all trauma imaging. We have a growing team of reporting radiographers reporting MSK, chest and abdomen examinations.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Key responsibilities CLINICAL
1. Performance of clinical radiographic duties as delegated by theSuperintendent Radiographer in each section.2. Participate in the radiographic rotation.3. To participate in departmental planned out of hours working and the radiographic on-call rota.4. To participate in multi-disciplinary team working.5. To practice within the rules of the Health Professions Council.6. To ensure effective communication with patients, carers and all health care professionals about all aspects of patient care.7. To maintain accurate documentation pertinent to the examination.8. Assist in training of student radiographers and assistant practitioners. RADIATION PROTECTION
1. Ensure radiation doses to every patient are as low as reasonablyachievable (ALARA) consistent with a diagnostic result.2. To work to radiographic protocols and policies as required under the ionising radiation regulations.3. To comply with IR(ME)R 2000 & IRR99. CLINICAL GOVERNANCE
1. All employees have a duty to take reasonable care to avoid injury to themselves or to others and to co-operate with the Trust in meeting its statutory requirements.2. To comply with departmental and organisational policies and procedures including reporting of all accidents and incidents.3. Monitor the condition of equipment within the Radiology area advising of any defects in equipment or systems thus providing an early warning for potential hazards. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. To actively participate in the in-service training programme within the department.2. To attend relevant training courses as identified and agreed with senior staff and managers during staff appraisal sessions.3. To disseminate information from training sessions as required.4. Participate and contribute to the staff development programme and educational activities.5. Maintenance of an up-to-date CPD portfolio.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- IT skills. Word Processing, Email and spread sheets
- DCR or Degree in Radiography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to meet deadlines
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Aintree University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.