Are you passionate about ophthalmology? Are you keen to develop your ophthalmic skills? Then this may be the role you have been looking for!
Are you an experienced Band 6 Ophthalmic Nurse, looking to expand and extend your role? Perhaps you are working at Band 5 and seeking a new challenge.
We are looking for an Ophthalmic Nurse Practitioner to work in the Ophthalmology Department. The successful applicant will be an experienced ophthalmic practitioner involved in various clinics within the ophthalmology outpatient department. The role will include working in the Urgent Care Ophthalmic clinic, both in a triage capacity and also with Nurse-led clinics. They will also be required to work within the nurse-led intravitreal injection service. They will be expected to promote continuous development in clinical practice and delivery of care, encouraging innovation and appropriate change in service delivery.Main duties of the job
In addition to this, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the management of nursing and clerical staff, providing a suitable and stimulating learning environment for students and for the ongoing professional development of registered staffAbout us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, youll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
Were committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Strong experience in Ophthalmology.
- Previous experience as an ophthalmic nurse practitioner
- Experience of teaching students, HCA's and qualified staff
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, relatives and MDT team in English
- Competency in cannulation and IV drug administration.
- Ability to work required shift pattern and special circumstances
- High motivation and ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of evidence informed and research based Practice
- Computer literate
- Good time management skill
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Managerial and leadership ability
- Ability to resolve conflict/dispute in a non-confrontational manner
- Knowledge of up to date nursing and NHS issues
Desirable Special circumstancesEssential
- Registered Nurse (Level 1)
- Assessing/mentoring qualification
- Evidence of further continued professional development
- Ophthalmology course
- Ability to work internal rotation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to other sites
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital - cross site
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.