An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a brand new service for West Yorkshire and Barnsley delivering inpatient services to people with a learning disability. Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust and South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust have come together to provide specialist inpatient services from two units at the Horizon Centre in Wakefield and a new assessment and treatment unit (ATU) called the Najurally Centre at Lynfield Mount Hospital in Bradford.
Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust are also part of the governance and assurance group to ensure that the new arrangement works for people in Leeds, but the Trust is no longer a provider of inpatient services.
We are looking for kind, enthusiastic, caring, compassionate, and motivated people who really want to make a difference to people's lives, and who can also help us realise our ambitions to serve the people living across West Yorkshire and Barnsley, so that they can access high quality, specialised care as close to home as possible. We have posts for Band 5 Nurses - RMN/RNLD - Student Nurses not yet Qualified who will need a preceptorship are welcome to apply.
A friendly service where we promote work-life balance, flexible working, and local recognition awards for a great job done, which meets the needs of people, we aim to offer as much flexibility as we can whether that's job share, part-time or other work pattern.Main duties of the job
Successful Candidates will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care to patients in a inpatient setting .
Support service users from admission to discharge, working within a multi-displinary team .
Commitment to Continuing professional development
Holds delegated responsibility for management of the ward on a shift basis. Contributes to the supervision and development of junior staff.
Helps to ensure the safety of the ward and unit environments Closing Date: 4th December 2023 Shortlisting Date: 5th December 2023 Interview Date: TBC About us
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including : A 'Welcome' Payment of �1000 for new employees starting in a permanent band 5 nurse role - 50% to be paid on appointment and 50% after 6 months in post.
Relocation Expenses up to �8000 subject to circumstances and eligibility.
Interview Expenses subject to eligibility.
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered learning Disability Nursing Certificate RNLD / RMN / RGN Current Registration NMC register.
- ENB 998 or other teaching certificate. Accredited counselling course or equivalent.
- Communication: written and verbal Articulate and meaningful, legible. Decision making Assertiveness Ability to work without direct supervision. Supervising learners and other staff. Competent clinical skills i.e. assessment, therapeutic intervention
- Ability to speak Punjabi, Urdu, Bengali, Hindi, Gujerati.
- Commitment to ethos of unit and MDT working. Willingness to undergo professional development. Willingness to participate in Appraisal Ability to relate to supervisors in a positive mature way. Aware of racial, culture and gender issues. Trustworthy, honest, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, tolerant, enthusiastic, motivated, adaptable/flexible approach. Warm, friendly approachable manner.
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements for the post (with reasonable adjustments if necessary) Fit to undertake the demands of the post. E.g. able to undertake handling and moving preventing absconders and coping with violence and aggression , Physical interventions techniques and on a yearly basis be able to access the course and complete the competencies set in order to achieve the Physical interventions certificate. Appearance - professional, clean, willing to adhere to dress standards
- Experience of being clinical adviser/supervisor to junior staff or students. Worked within named nurse to client group. For entry onto start of Band 5 as per qualification specification.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in learning disability Nursing. Involvement in innovative nursing practice
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Najurally Centre , Lynfield Mount Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.