We are currently recruiting Band 5 Paediatric nurses, to work within our Paediatric Emergency Department.
We are looking for someone who is motivated and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team within the fast pace environment of Accident & Emergency. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals committed to excellent patient experience and care, to join our team.
The Paediatric Emergency Department is a busy, challenging and rewarding department. We are a vibrant and social department in a fantastic location, close to all the amenities of central London.
You will be given a structured orientation to meet your individual needs to develop as a Paediatric A& E nurse. We encourage our staff to undertake specific courses including
You will have access to PILS, Trauma, Practice Assessor/Supervisor, APLS, and the A& E course as well as in house training days eg venepuncture and cannulation with regular simulation teaching from our dedicated education doctors.
**Relevant Paediatric experience required**Main duties of the job
About usAbout the Trust
- Maintain high standards of patient care
- To acquire competency in basic nursing skills for ED
- To ensure the safety of patients in accordance with local and national safeguarding procedures
- Be proactive in maintaining local and national Quality Indicators for ED
- Ensure the accurate documentation of patient care in notes
- To assist in the admission, transfer and discharge of patients in accordance with local policy
- To participate in the monitoring of standards of care and other quality initiatives in a positive manner
- To maintain awareness of and comply with Trust policies and protocols at all times
- To work effectively within the MDT in order to achieve desired outcomes for patients and their families
- To encourage and support student nurses on placement in ED
- Be accountable for your actions at all times
- Be active in maintaining an harmonious working environment
- To develop into the role of a triage nurse, utilising advanced skills of assessment, prioritisation, decision-making, risk management and communication skills
- Being responsible for the security and maintenance of ED equipment helping to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order in conjunction with the Lead Nurse
- Be actively involved in quality improvement projects in the department
- To work within own scope of practice and recognise limitations
- Respond to incidents and complaints as they arise, reporting to senior members of the team as appropriate
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East. We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment. Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The staff nurse will accept delegated responsibility for specific activities/areas from the NIC.Maintaining the philosophy, policies, standards of care and morale of the department, whilst also being aware of the importance of the role in supporting members of the emergency team, in line with the trusts PROUD values.S/he will strive to deliver high standards of care to patients and their carersS/he will continue to develop, practice and expand own general and specialist nursing skills.S/he will work with colleagues to ensure high standards of nursing care in the department.S/he will maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility, and be aware of medico-legal aspects of the emergency department.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Registered Childrens Nurse
- Level 3 Safeguarding
- PILS certificate or proof of up-to-date BLS
- Mentoring/Assessing qualification or willingness to undertake.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of further study.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.