These are exciting times for us. During the pandemic, our clinical research teams have been at the forefront of fighting Covid. Their work has contributed to finding world class successful treatments and roll out of the vaccination programme. The search for further solutions continues. Are you up for a challenge - read on!Main duties of the job
The Thames Valley and South Midlands Clinical Research Network extends across the whole of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Milton Keynes. We are expanding and we are looking for new members to join our team so that we can increase our ability to deliver research studies and to create more opportunities for people to participate in research wherever they are based in our region. We have an active portfolio of studies to deliver so there will be plenty to do and as study designs develop and make increasing use of technology, we will be able to reach populations more effectively. You will be based in our secondary care direct delivery team but flexibility is key and you may find yourself working on occasion in a variety of secondary care, primary care, social care or community settings, so frequent travel is required.
Please see job description and person specification for more details.
You will need to work across the Thames Valley region and occasional weekend/out of hours work may be required.About us
We are therefore keen to recruit additional research nurses or clinical research practitioners to our team who are excited at the idea of working flexibly across the region. If this sounds interesting then we'd love to hear from you. We're recruiting to a number of positions based in Oxford.
We offer a large range of training opportunities to develop your career in research so previous research experience is not essential.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See job description and person specification as attached to this advert or contact Teresa Lockett or Penny CarterPerson SpecificationBACKGROUND/ EXPERIENCEEssential
- ?Experience of working within NHS environment
- ?Interest in Clinical Trials/Research
- ?Experience of education and training in relevant field
- ?Experience of working with clinical trials/research
- ?NMC Qualification or Health related degree
- ?Computer literate
SKILLS / APTITUDESEssential
- ?Research qualification
- ?Post registration qualification
- ?Ability to self-manage
- ?Good communication and interpersonal skills
- ?Demonstrable commitment to personal and professional development
- ?Good presentation skills
- ?Able to work individually or as a team player
- ?Attention to detail
- ?Ability to work flexible hours
- ?Ability to travel across all sites within the LCRN geography
- ?Ability to work occasional weekend/out of hours work as required
Employer detailsEmployer name
- ?ECG and vital signs training
- ?Understanding of research methods
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Block 8, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.