Are you enthusiastic and able to view challenges from all angles?
Do you have:
- Significant experience of managing facilities and services?
- Proven expertise in strategically and operationally delivering and managing plans and strategies?
- Line management experience including managing teams?
- A Degree/NVQ level 5 or equivalent qualification?
- Hold excellent interpersonal skills and communication?
- Have the ability to empower enthusiasm into the work environment?
If you do, read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity:
The Deputy Facilities Manager will provide support across a range of managerial and technical functions, providing leadership to the staff within their remit in the Facilities management structure. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the provision of Soft Facilities Services are delivered to the highest standard of quality and efficiency, delivering value for money.
The role requires extensive and specialised operational management experience and knowledge across the range of Facilities services, including Food Services and Food Safety, Hotel Services, Operational Security, Wheelchair Maintenance and Non-Emergency Patient Transport (NEPTS). The postholder will also be required to provide leadership and guidance to the Project Officer enabling timely development and delivery of Facilities projects.Main duties of the job
o Provide leadership and operational control to ensure the Facilities Service is developed and maintained to meet or exceed the patients' expectations, in respect of all Facilities Services matters.o To deputise, as necessary for the Facilities Manager in managing day-to-day Facilities issues, attending meetings, events and representing the Trust at internal and external meetings and events.o To participate in gathering and collation of information for statutory returns including ERIC, PLACE, PAM and CQC.o Coordinate the Facilities annual ISO9001 submission in preparation for external assessment.o Support and contribute to the development and ongoing updating of the Estates and Facilities Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) System Evolution ensuring that information relevant to Facilities are maintained.o Liaise with Procurement and contractors to agree contract specifications and contracts.o Lead on implementation, delivery and ongoing monitoring of projects such as Electronic Patient Meal Ordering System (EPMOS) and digital cleaning audits.o Review, agree and update departmental:o Business Continuity Planso Safe Systems of Worko Standard Operating Procedureso Develop service-related Policies as required review and update Trust policies relating to Facilities services contributing to review and development of Trustwide Policies.About us
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activitiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for more details about this rolePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level/NVQ 5 level or equivalent or significant experience in managing facilities and services.
- Level 4 Food Safety Certificate
- Relevant operational management experience, ideally in a variety of different sectors including health care.
- expertise in strategically and operationally delivering and managing plans and strategies.
- Technical expertise in a wide range of Facilities services including Catering, Hotel Services, Security, NEPTS
- Experience of policy and strategy development and implementation.
- Ability to embrace, lead and drive change in a complex environment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full UK driving licence with access to own vehicle.
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lynfield Mount Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.