Are you passionate about Podiatry
? Would you like to work for one of the top 10 NHS Community trustswhose vision is to be the best local healthcare provider and a great place to work? Derbyshire Community Health Services Podiatry Team wants to hear from you!
We have a vacancy for an experienced, enthusiastic Band 7, Highly Specialised Podiatrist (management of the High Risk Foot).
As part of this role you will work in the consultant led diabetic foot clinic at our acute trust - Chesterfield Royal Hospital.
As well as direct patient care and treatment planning for patients with complex needs you will demonstrate clinical leadership, be responsible for service development and working alongside your highly specialised podiatry colleagues to coach and mentor the community podiatry team.
The post will require flexibility and ability to work across sites and teams according to service needs and therefore transport is essential.
Most importantly a willingness to learn and develop your expertise and knowledge is essential.Main duties of the job
You will be part of a highly motivated team, providing an excellent standard of clinical care in highly specialised areas.
You will act as a clinical lead in diabetes providing specialist podiatry advice to the Community Podiatry Team and professionals in other fields.
You will be responsible for the planning and management of complex and specialised caseloads involving the implementation and co-ordination of highly specialised treatment regimes. This will involve:
About usWhat can DCHS Podiatry offer you?
- Integrated care within the community at clinic sites and patient's homes
- Working as part of the Consultant led Chesterfield Royal Hospital Foundation Trust diabetic foot clinic including ward visits as required
- Liaising with Podiatric Consultant Led diabetic outreach clinic at Whitworth Hospital
- Audit/Service Review and Improvement
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPLEASE NOTE: Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationEssentialEssential EssentialEssential
- The opportunity to work in varied settings across the beautiful county of Derbyshire, including Hospitals, Health Centres and patient's homes. Our current Vacancy is based in Chesterfield and North East locality of the trust
- The opportunity to provide a quality, good value service to a wide variety of patient types and develop working relationships with other services, trusts and our Podiatric Surgery team. This will include working with Multi-Disciplinary Teams in acute trusts.
- An annual appraisal and personal development plan. DCHS pledges to engage, involve and support staff to reach their full potential.
- Supportive Mentorship
- CPD arranged by the Podiatry Service in addition to the essential learning required by the trust.
- To become part of our fantastic Team. To have involvement in team meetings and the opportunity to make valuable contributions to the team meetings, staff forums and via Staff Surveys and Pulse Checks.
- The opportunity to influence and help make changes in the service, to use innovative technology and to make a difference.
- Degree in podiatry
- Post graduate study in management of diabetic foot
- Ability to travel to different locations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary diabetes clinic
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.